• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

views on dummies?

My daughter never had a dummy. She just wasn't a sucky baby. Occasionally I did try one when she was crying and just been fed....usually if I'd put her down to take the washing out to hang it up or something, but she'd have 2 sucks and "pitooie" it across the floor. So I soon gave up. :D

Personally, I'm not a fan of dummies, although I know that some babies really need one.

I really don't like seeing children 3+ with a dummy in their mouths. There was a woman on the train a few years back bottle-feeding a 6 or 7 year old. The girl was lying on mum's lap and sucking on a bottle. Perfectly "normal" child for the 3/4 hr the journey lasted, just reverted to a bottle when she asked for a drink.

That said, if this one has colic or is really sucky then I'm not adverse to giving him a dummy if it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back