very fed up

susie

Reaction score
Well just got back from midwife appt and my blood pressure is high :( 140/94 they want to retest me in morning then if still the same i'm off to hospital, i had blood ressure problems with my last pregnancy(13 years ago)and was hospitilised i am sooooo worried this will happen again. Any info would be appreciated.

Sorry to hear this. My mum who suffered with high blood pressure has sworn by eating 2 bananas a day. Her blood pressure is fine now but down know if its coz of the bananas or not. Btw she still eats them everyday even tho its back to normal.

thank you ladies :hug: i am just really worried about being taken into hospital as i suffer from panic attacks, i am also anxious because this is still quite early in my pregnancy and fear for my babies well being.

thank you all again

wow the banana trick is defo worth a try :D

fingers crossed for u,try not to stress too much and rest as much as possible :hug:

It might just be high because you were anxious getting it done, they wont admit you surely unless it is consistantly high - maybe they could do a 24 hour monitor??

Dark chocolate is supposed to be good also - 2 squares / day

I worry about this too as mine was high in last pregnancy. I dont really know what the symptoms are so I worry and go lie down whenever I get a headache, tired, a bit breathless and feel generally dodgy. (huh like most of the time :lol: ) Lying down lowers your pressure so try not to panic, and that banana thing sounds useful, im going to try it! xx

I don't have any advice but i hope it settles down.

Often the worry of a situation can increase your BP.

If it is the same tomorrow i would mention your anxiety and see if you can get a device to check it at home.

:hug:

My blood pressure is usally 100/80 but when I wasn't well, it raised to 130/90.

I cut salt out of ALL of my foods, even foods that had added salt, ate more fruit and try to stay calm. It lowered my blood pressure within 3 days to it's normal rate.

Dunno if it would work for you but thought I would let you know xx

thanks for all the tips it really helps :D i'm in bed at he moment on laptop and will stay here if necessary, i suffered from 34 weeks to term last time with h/b but we got to term and spontaneous labour even though Charlotte was on small side at 5 pound 6 so heres hoping this will happen again.

i have really high blood pressure.. i wouldn't worry... my doctor put me on some trandate tablets which are blood pressure tablets which are safe to take during pregnancy... at the moment now it is 136/74 which is good..... i just have to get it checked every other week just to make sure they don't need to up my dosage
Good luck tomorrow

well i went this morning and things are a little better but still on the high side, they have told me to keep resting and they will kepp assessing me :D so i am feeling better at least no move to hospital that i was dreading :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back