• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Very emotional today

mrs_tommo22

Reaction score
Sorry girls, dont mind me in having a bloody good cry today about everything!

Went and viewed the house offcially and its nice and being done up and got told we would get a decorating grant which is fab, but theres no carpet and carpet aint cheap! we went to carpet right and a few other places too look at cut offs and werent bad but hubby kept picking out the most horrible carpet and you could see why they were cheap!
So im pretty upset as they will hand over the keys to us next week and we have to start paying rent on the place and have no money for carpet at all.

How the hell can i move in and afford all of this when i cant work and due to drop soon! its really upsetting me, sorry for the moan.

:hug: aww...

Are there any smaller furniture shops round by you? They may have some nice stuff (or be able to order it in) and not put on the crazy profit margins the big furniture shops do...

Alternatively wooden flooring? Although I don't know how that compares for price.. :think:

I'm not much use I'm afraid, but hugs :hug: get your bloky to sort it out so you don't have to worry, get him to go to the furniture shops and bring back some samples and you can look through them together so he doesn't pick something minging..

x

We are going through a mad renovation at the moment too - we have not had a kitchen since last December and our living room is full with the kitchen units in boxes. Therefore we are living in our bedroom, so depressing. Where money is concerned too we are having a nightmare like you. My OH was made redundant in March, which wasn't all that bad as he was planning on leaving his job to start plastering (he hated being sat behind a desk all day). Problem we have got is that it is still early days and although he is getting work it its ony 2 or 3 days a week. I didnt sleep at all last night as I am worried about how we are going to pay the mortgage this month. I work full time and get a good wage but the nursery bill alone this month was £779!!! Thank god my daughter starts school in September! We have spent all afernoon trying to find scraps of money! Its hard when you are worrying about the whole giving birth thing and having a baby to look after without having to worry about money too! Sorry for the massive moan!

Its frightening how much carpet is. But I think my BIL may be nice and loan me some money for them as he has just got a massive loan through jammy git.
And we founds a place that are willing to do us a deal on some carpets so yay, things are looking slighty better then they were this morning.

Try not to get too stressed about it :hug: Have you tried freecycle - people often offer carpets on there - they may not be great but at least they are free and you can then save up for something nicer.

At the end of the day honey, it's just carpet and not worth getting yourself upset about it, in the grand scheme of things, it's a tiny niggle :hug: Can you survive with some rugs etc until you find something that doesn't cost the earth?

Sending you lots and lots of :hug:

Hope you get it sorted soon - at least you've got a nice place to stay which looked a far way off not so long ago. Good luck with getting everything organised xx :hug:

I just wanted to send some hugs to you Mrs_Tommo :hug: Moving into a new home is a stressful time. Just try to go with the flow. Can you borrow some throws or rugs for the time being until you can get the carpet sorted? A lot of the big carpet stores do great cut offs and "end of roll" bargains so shop around coz I'm sure you'll find something you like eventually. :hug:

:hug:

Thanks sabrina and for thinking of me when you have enough to think about (hugs to LO by the way).
Have had a sit down with my husband and hes said he will borrow some money off paul his brother who has said he is more then happy to lend it too us and on saturday we will go to the carpet place and pick the capets we like and do a deal with the chap that owns the place. Tommo said when he spoke to him today that he was up for a deal so we will do that.

So im happy and stress is over.Just need to get the keys now and paint the two bedrooms and living room and then get the carpet fitted.

cant u borrow some money of your parent or his till u can return back to work

mrs_tommo22 said:
Thanks sabrina and for thinking of me when you have enough to think about (hugs to LO by the way).
Have had a sit down with my husband and hes said he will borrow some money off paul his brother who has said he is more then happy to lend it too us and on saturday we will go to the carpet place and pick the capets we like and do a deal with the chap that owns the place. Tommo said when he spoke to him today that he was up for a deal so we will do that.

So im happy and stress is over.Just need to get the keys now and paint the two bedrooms and living room and then get the carpet fitted.

I'm really glad you got something sorted :hug: That's a big relief I'm sure. Now try to relax because it's not long till LO is here and loads to look forward to. :hug:

Sorry bout my stupid moan yesterday.Im getting worked up at the moment about the most inane things going!

Thanks for putting up with me LOL :rotfl:

Awwwwwwwww hunni :hug: :hug: :hug:
You have got way too much going on not to sit there and have a good cry. Let it all out and you might just feel a bit better. Hop your emotions are keeping at bay today :D
:hug: :hug: :hug:

I am sure we are all having a funny 5 minutes over something or other at the moment honey, I am getting stressed about cobwebs at the moment :hug:

I completely sympathise with you, as you know were moving today/tomororw (currently waiting on the van showing up and pleased I still haven't been disconnected with the internet/phone yet!) and we have to 100% redecorate and re-carpet the entire house. I know carpeting isn't cheap but have a look around for local firms, not Carpet Right etc but local ones, we found one called Home Call who actually come to the house, measure up and give you a quote (free fitting too) and since they are a small ran family business are up for a big of a haggle, ok so your not going to get £10.99 per square meter for £3.99 type thing but if the total comes to £1500 they might accept £1250 type thing - worth looking into. Laminate flooring is around the same price as a carpet but never comes with free fitting because it's so darn time consuming. You might find real wood flooring would be laid for free but good grief that's expensive to buy in the first place. Also another tip, if you go for a cheaper carpet remember to get a decent underlay (which would be around £4.99 per sq.mtr) as it will make the carpets softer and longer lasting. I know underlay will add a good £300 ish to the bill but it's worth it longer term. Do shop around, check out the smaller ads in the back of the local paper or the friday-ad etc, you will be surprised what you find when you shop around....certinally a lot cheaper than Carpet Right etc, believe me we've looked and done our research!!

Don't stress too much about the move, just let it happen and honestly it will happen, I've packed a few boxes I know but the rest of it has just fallen into place, the men have done the work and ok not getting to nest has driven me nuts but other than that I've taken it so easy during the whole process - as for finances don't stretch yourself, make use of the grant and just do the necessary rooms for now, i.e. lounge and bedroom. Can you use a rug for now? Will the carpet(s) in your current house fit any of the rooms in the new house etc? Ask around too you'll be surprised by the amount of friends/family that will have a length of carpet or lino flooring laying around in their loft/garage/shed etc - check out freecycle they might have something (you never know?).

Honestly things will fall into place - don't stress yourself about it. Really it will happen and things will work out. Promise xx

Sorry that's kind of a long post :oops: (you'll be glad I'll be offline shortly!!)

Thanks nicola :hug:

Im not half as stressed today as I was yesterday, and tommo and i had a chat last night and have decided to do both the bedrooms first and the lounge as we feel thewy are the most important rooms for the kids.So were going to paint them first, then get carpet laid and let the rest fall in later.
Were not going to panic over it all but we feel there are the essential rooms that need our attention first.

We are painting everywhere magnolia first, then we wqill add wooden border as a actual border then paint the bottoms of the walls a different colour last.

My room will be magnolia and light green as thats the colours of my duvet and i find it very relaxing and tranquill.
Stephens room will be magnolia and light blue at the bottom and have all his stuff in there, phoebe will join him in there when shes old enough so we can girly her side up a bit then!
The lounge were hopnig to keep it all neautral but have adark carpet like chocalate colour so kid muck and crap dont show up as easily.

So thats the plan so far and will do the rest when i have the money and energy!

Itas a bit of a nightmare calamity gem, I sometimes wish i could of seen in november when i was TTC that this was happening so i could of put it off a bit longer!
But its a challenge and its keeping me busy and on my toes!

And weirdly enough im looking forward to the move even if im going to have to decorate and all that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back