Veet wax strips

Caoimhe..x

Reaction score
Ok so tried waxing for the first time tonight and I followed all the instructions, but I'd say not even half the hair was removed :/

I warmed the strips in my hands, applied to legs, rubbed in direction of hair growth (knee to ankle) and then pulled strip of.

Am I doing something wrong or is there some handy tip I'm unaware of?

Also don't know if this matters but its the first time I've waxed my legs.

Xx

Ok.. I've always pulled off ankle to knee!!

Also I really struggled with strips as I don't think they warmed enough in my hand. I found the very easy roll on which you plug in and put a cartridge in, roll on your leg and then put the backing paper over works a huge amount better for me.

Hope this helps. I've only been waxing in the last year or so so fairly new to it as well!

Get it done at a professional salon. Wax strips are pretty crap unless you know what you're doing or ideally someone else is doing it for you. I did my ohs chest once, use a hair dryer to warm them up, not your hands x

I pull of ankle to knee but rub on knee to ankle lol! I'll try the hair dryer to warm them up, can't be bothered going to a salon though haha xx

Hi im a therapist and also teach beauty at college.
I use these strips sometimes if i cant be bothered to get my proper wax pot out, but I have hardley any hair as I have been waxing for years.
There not brilliant tbh but they do work.

Here are some reasons why it might not be working for you -

- Any cream/ oil or on the skin will stop the wax sticking to the hair
- Hairs to short - if you have been a previous shaver hairs wil be very thick and course, they need to long enough for the wax to grasp, i.e curling over and laying slightly on the skin (not sticking straight up in the air)
This the most common reason, so id let them grow somemore and use the haordryer tip!!

Once you have done them a cple of times the hair will be much softer (as being pulled from the root and come out easier.

So id persevere if iwere you xx

Ive always found them pretty useless, my hairs tend to be on the course side and they just dont lift them. I used to always go to the salon, until I used the veet warm wax thing. Its about £20, you put cartridge in and it rolls warm wax on, then you use the normal strips like they do in the salon. Ive got salon results every time.

I think the hair may not have been long enough, I'll def try again. May also try the hot wax. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back