Using nasal sprays while pregnant- Help or advice

ohehir1

Reaction score
Has anyone else used a Oxymetazoline nasal spray all through there pregnancy? I'm currently 30 wks pregnant and have been using nasal sprays for about 4 yrs now and have been using one all through my pregnancy, There seems to be really conflicting advice about there use during pregnancy on the internet so wondered if anyone has also used one? and was everything ok with the baby?? thanks x

Hi, I've been using nasal sprays for a few years longer than you and wouldn't have been able to cope throughout my pregnancy without them! I have been using Vicks Sinex Soother for the past 18 months or so and the doc said it would be ok (rather there was no evidence that it is contra-indicated). This spray has oxymetazoline in it and me and baby (now 7 weeks) are fine. I did reduce usage down to a couple of times a day (for my own conscience, mainly one dose at night and one in the morning and just suffered during the day!). Back to using it as normal now and I'm breastfeeding. Doc hasn't said it will be a problem.

Hope that helps x

Thanks so much for your reply has helped put my mind at rest, I have also been using the Vicks Sinex Soother but have tried to stop using it various times, I have tried loads of other stuff like saline and salt water sprays, nasal strips, breathing in vapours, olbas oil, vicks.... everything I can but nothing else works, I'm constantly bunged up - literally all the time, I'm barely getting 3 hrs sleep a night. I'm trying to just use the vicks twice a day once before i go to bed and once when I get up but even that's not working sometimes and just doesn't get through as i'm so bunged up, Am going to doc's again today as I can't continue with this much longer.

Thanks again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back