• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Using Gaviscon and Infacol at the same time?

CorrieFan

Reaction score
Do you think this is ok? Lily was prescribed gaviscon at her six week check but because i was breast feeding i couldn't use it very well and just used infacol. I've jsut weaned her onto the bottle and now am putting one sachet of gaviscon into every 6oz feed which does seem to be stopping her acid reflux. I asked my HV at baby clinic whether its ok to use both and she sort of frowned and said maybe i should choose one to use. She suggested i stop the infacol but after a couple of days of no infacol the painful wind returned so now we are back to using both...

Just wondering whether anyone else is doing the same or has been advised not to for any reason. :think:

Thanks ladies x

We've only just stopped Gaviscon but were never warned against using infacol with it. If you're worried it might be worth asking a pharmacist? HVs don't have a clue about things like that a lot of the time. :hug:

Hee hee thanks for the reassurance - my HV did look a bit as though she was making it up as she went along! :lol:

I was told it was fine... I used everything and infacol... Gav is only a thickener... like any other in your kitchen. Its harmless really.

We're using both and haven't had any problems...never occurred to me there could be issues....I doubt it though! :shhh:

i checked with a pharmacist today too and she agreed there should be no probs. Lily is most relieved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back