URGENT ADVICE NEEDED RE: SUN £9.50 HOILDAYS

rhian85

Reaction score
okay we were about to post off our form today but then a few people have told me its the worst thing they have ever done as u end up in the basic caravan that dont have heating in every room and u also have to pay extras for passes, service charges so it mounts up to a very expensive holiday.

have any of u dont this ? is it true or am i better forgetting the sun holiday and booking direct with haven ?

We went last year to Newquay Cornwall and we loved it all we needed was a resonable caravan we didnt need to use any of the other facilities as we went out ever day
The caravan was clean tidy all appliances fixtures fittings in good working order :D
For the price you pay we were both very happy and Collier enjoyed himself :D
Were going again this year were in the process of chosing are top places to go
BeckyJ has been on quite a few and she gose twice a year i think and loved each one
:D :D :D :D :D

We have done this a few times to.

£40 for the sun holiday, and approx another £50 for passes and linen.

The accomodation has varied but you really dont spend much time there.
Drinks in the complexes are expensive .
Also food on site at Supermarkets and the restaurant is expensive to. SO shop at Tescos before you go

We went to cleethorpes last september on ours although we upgraded we had a fab time and tbh we were out most of the time anyway and the caravan was lovely and clean just suited us right. :) Ive got our tokens to send off again just need to pick where we fancy going. :D

If i was you I would definatly check direct with haven first for the dates and park you want see how it works out.
With haven through sun holidays for the 5 of us it was going to work out £105 this was including the passes and service charges.
But this is in a basic standard caravan,
I looked direct with haven and saw it was £112 so £7 more but that is a superior caravan, a bigger caravan, with microwave, tv, heating, shower. Everything we need with 5 of us.
It also meant as we booked there and then that we got the park of our choice and guaranteed dates that we needed.

We went on one of these... it was GREAT!!!! NOT. We went to Newquay, Cornwall. Ok, the fact that after 5 hours of driving there some idiot smashed into the back of us while we were stationary and waiting to turn right didnt help and the 4 car pile up behind us wasnt happy either but on top of that we had to pay a surcharge for 4 people, there was just the two of us. We also had to pay for the linen and passes to the clubhouse. Food and drinks were expensive and the entertainment DULL. It pissed it down all week and we were limited to what we could do. We left early and went home in the end and when we got home we received a summons through the post charging us for driving without due care and attention :shock: (basically cos they thought we had left the scene of the accident without informing the police or seeing if anyone was hurt - we didnt we checked everyone was fine) The summons got lifted but all in all..... BOOK WITH HAVEN!!! :lol:

Ah memories... When i was a student i got a job processing the forms for the sun... you can call and upgrade once your holiday has been allocated. Mostly they are ok, but you will be allocated whats left over.

I've already booked mine and sent the payment off, just waiting to hear where we are going and what dates we have got. I'm hoping it will be a good holiday but reading what some of you have said I'm not so sure now!

I go every year.

Have been to Ireland, Cornwall, Devon, Scotland and waiting for our next one to come in the post.

Yes you have to pay extra for passes but not at all parks, some offer them free look for the symbol in the brochure with free passes. You can upgrade to entertainment plus passes but again more money and we don't bother with those, were just bothered about access to the swimming pool. Some also offer free service charge as well otherwise you have to pay for that too. We have stayed in various grades of caravans sometimes we upgrade sometimes we don't but they have always been really good whether we have or haven't. We also extend our holiday to make it a full week but you don't have to do this. I would say with the extra days and the service charge (we never pay for entertainment passes always book a park with these free) it probably costs us another £70, so just over £100 all in.

Im going on one in April - its true you do have to pay extra for service charges, entertainment passes and also an upgrade if you want one but altogether its still only costing £25 each so thats a bargain as far as Im concerned! Ours is a Haven resort too so should be good quality :)

We go to north Devon every year and have never had a problem. Take my own duvet covers with me to cut the cost. Can't go wrong for £38 :wink:

ive been on a few of these and never had any problems, the accommadation is basic but clean, at the end of the day a holiday is what you make it yourselves as a family for the amount, of time you are in your accomadation i think as long as it is clean then thats fine

We go usually twice a year. We always end up with the basic accomodation but that's because we always find one where we can take the dog with us too. Even though there's just the two of us (although we're three now Poppy is here this year) we have to pay for four people and we have to pay extra for the dog. We never have the entertainment passes because we wouldn't be able to go anyway because we have the dog. All in all with the surcharges etc it usually ends up costing us under £100 for a week away and the accomodation is always clean and everything is in good working order. Only advice I would give is to definately take a protable heater with you if you go early in the year because it's not much warmer than sleeping in a tent.

We went the year before last to Isle of Wight and it was probably the best holiday we've ever had! The caravan park was lovely - everything was provided and I couldn't believe we'd got all that so cheap! I think it depends on where you go as not everywhere is going to be wonderful, but then not everywhere is going to be awful either!

I think you should go and enjoy yourself!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back