unsettled at night

Jen & Her Men

Reaction score
James has always been a good sleeper (thank god!) and has slept through from about 10 weeks or so.

The past few nights though have been a different story. He has taken ages to settle - like a good few hours of putting him in his cot, him crying, me picking him up, rocking him to sleep, etc etc

Usually though, even if it takes ages to settle him, when he has gone he has gone, but the past few nights he has starting crying in the night. Its not even like he is awake as his eyes are tight shut but its proper upset crying not just a few moans.

He may do this 2 or 3 times, then in the morning he wakes up crying too which is very unusual for him as he usually wakes with a smile.

He will be like this until he has his bottle and then once he has that he is all smiles and fine again and ok for the rest of the day.

Anyone else experience this? Is it a phase or do you think there might be something wrong?

Hi Jen,

My daughter is a great sleeper too but gets like this when she's teething. Could it be this? Are there any bumpy or white bits on his gums?

We've found an amber teething necklace really helpful and also New Era teething tablets (she'll sookle these while still asleep, they are tiny and much easier to administer than Ashtons and Parsons powders).

Or it could be a bad dream? Not much you can do about these other than put your hand on his tummy and shush to settle him.

I hope this helps.

Valentine Xxx

valentine said:
Hi Jen,

My daughter is a great sleeper too but gets like this when she's teething. Could it be this? Are there any bumpy or white bits on his gums?

We've found an amber teething necklace really helpful and also New Era teething tablets (she'll sookle these while still asleep, they are tiny and much easier to administer than Ashtons and Parsons powders).

Or it could be a bad dream? Not much you can do about these other than put your hand on his tummy and shush to settle him.

I hope this helps.

Valentine Xxx

thanks hun.
He seems to be teething off and on for a while now. He is dribbling LOADS and gets red cheeks and eats his fists all the time but its never affected his sleep until now....fingers crossed if its his toothy pegs the little blighters pop through soon! :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back