Unhappy Due Date to Me :(

LuciaLeek

Reaction score
Hey - Pointless post really, but it's my due date today and I'm feeling a little bit down :(

Had my 40 week appointment with the MW who passed me a handout called 'Management of Prolonged Pregnancy'. It basically goes through all my options for being induced etc. That immediately made me feel deflated!

I then asked for a sweep and she could barely get her hand in there (Sorry TMI)...she swept baby's head but couldn't do the stretch which was weird as the MW who gave me one last week managed it. Last week's was quite uncomfortable and gave me mild period pains but this week I felt like telling her not to be shy as it didn't hurt at all...it didn't feel like she'd got to the cervix tbh. :eh: Maybe she had shorter fingers! :lol:

Anyway, as I said it's a pointless post...just wanted to moan as I have this feeling I'm going to be induced in two weeks...humph!

Hope everyone else is feeling ok! Any labour watches to keep me occupied?? :)

Oh sweetie you poor thing :hugs:

I'm not surprised you feel fed up, I really hope your LO arrives before your induction date. I don't know what to suggest because I feel crap too today, the waiting is a nightmare x

:( oh you poor love , hope its not too much longer for you , I can understand why being handed that leaflet made you feel down . At my last checkup the midwife made an appointment for me for when I am three days over to discuss induction with the consultant , it just made me want to sulk .

Hope the baby makes an appearance soon without an induction! hugs

Hope things hurry up for you xx

Aaawww try not to be sad - its happy due date day today!!!! Just think - you COULD go into labour later today....or tomorow...or day after!! No need to feel sad just yet. If you do have to wait a couple of weeks longer hey, still can get away without induction. I went into labour 10 days late and just 2 days before my induction date.

I think you need to have a treat to yourself today. This date hads been highlighted on your calendar for months and months and months - go on, do something really extravagant!!!!

This is actually a good thread to get people thinking what they should do if they get to that special date and if baby still not here, make that day special anyway!!

oh huni I know exactly how ur feeling! I go bed everynight praying something will happen.. thought of induction freaks me out.. hope things get moving soon!! I came out of mw appt crying like a mad woman sweep couldn't b done, xxx BIG HUG xxx

Hey hun! It must feel v deflating to be talking about induction already but just think....it might be that your dates were slightly wrong and actually baby will be right on time! I really hope things start up for you soon, coz I can sympathise with not wanting to go to 42 weeks or be induced.....I really want to avoid it myself if at all poss! BIG HUG xx

Thanks girls!

Feeling better today thanks!

Tracey - You're right, we should do something special on our due dates! It was my hubby's birthday yesterday too, so yesterday should have been extra special! He just text me from work telling me to go for a facial! I'd love to, but it's a bit pricey!

Hubby was so funny last night - he got on to youtube looking for videos about inducing labour...he found something about pressure points on the feet and legs! It was pretty painful but funny all the same...think my legs might be slightly bruised though! :lol:

Oh confuzed88 - it's awful isn't it? We need to turn it around and be positive! I might bake some scones today and look into getting that facial ;)

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back