Ummm my baby drinks a lot....

flexilexi394

Reaction score
Can anyone offer advice? My 9 week old drinks 8oz before bed of expressed milk. Which is great, and she sleeps through, but what on earth do I do when she needs more? I use tommee tippee bottles.

Today I fed her an expressed bottle after swimming, she drained 6ozs and then fed off my boob. She's mental.

If I'm bfing, she stays on for around 15 mins and goes a good 3 hours between feeds now, I guess she's become very efficient at feeding, as I can express that off one boob in about 5 minutes.

Do I just keep going and see what happens? That's a lot of milk to me!

Yes! You're doing amazing! You must have so much milk . I don't express so have no idea how much Oscar has now but if she sleeps so well it is obviously suiting her fine. Changing anything could disturb her routine x

I only give G 4-4.5oz expressed and then boob feed before bed - I wouldn't be able to keep up expressing if he took any more from the bottle. So well done you-your supply must be great. G has become much more efficient at feeding but not till last couple of weeks, great that your LO is there already :)

Do you think she's drinking more expressed milk because it's a faster flow and takes less effort than from the breast?

Well it's a newborn teat, and I was told to keep her in newborn tests forever as long as breast feeding, so I don't know whether its easy, she does have to work to get it out, and surely if she was full she would stop? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back