UGH men

My1stBaby

Reaction score
i rarely rarely complain about my OH but i just cant help it tonight.

Hes a personal trainer so works early morning and then evenings (but doesnt have clients during the day really) so i get why he would be tired but bloody hell he has NO idea how hard it is carrying a baby.... honestly and truly he has no idea what im going through he thinks its easy and a walk in the park. im still doing everything like cooking cleaning and washing and if i ask him to do something hes like ohhh im sooo tiredd do i have to.... i NEVER EVER nag him to do anything around the house but sometimes i think COME ONNNNN just stop flipping whinging coz your tired

i get the sarcy 'im tired because i work' comment.... ermmmm do you think im unemployed coz im definitely on maternity leave- think thats a bit bloody different!!

all my friends and family are so supportive and help out so much and its seriously like he just doesnt see me as being any different and thinks im completely capable of everything that i can usually do. he's been like it the whole time- doesnt get why i would want him to come to hospital appointments etc just thinks theres nothing going on and evrything is normal....

i just want a bit more support and seeing as i rarely rarely moan i think i deserve it :(

xxx

sorry to her him been that way hun, i'd say shock him now your in late tri 3 you need your rest so dont do any house work or cooking or cleaning and when he asks why say the doctor said that its getting too stressful and you need rest as your constantly tried and any added stress can cause problems for baby and say he'd know this if he came to appointments with you. its not even a lie either ask your midwife for advise. best thing is tell him he does it even though hes tried or you'll stick all his weights to him and tell him carry them round for over 24 hours and see how he likes it. men no nothing of what we go through my ex well literally giving birth to his daughter said labour wasnt painful lets just say ane had more fun with him and his broken wrist.
take a nap when you need one and dont stress out if all housework isnt finished your doing more work right now than you will for the rest of your life (apart from labour). just take it easy hunni x

Dunno if you remember them but some ante natal classes actually made dads wear a pregnancy suit. Basically they were sandbags round the chest and stomach just so they could get a taste of what it's like to all of a sudden have all this weight to lug about. I think it's a fab idea and that they should bring them back.

I cannot describe to my OH exactly what it's like. And considering I was extremely fit cos of doing martial arts with abs and everything to have developed this bump in like 4 months has been a massive strain tbh. Luckily mine is quite understanding but he still doesn't get it I don't think xxxxxxxxx

thanks ladies. i think as its near the end im just feeling very emotional so thigns are maybe bothering me more then they normally would...

i just think id like to be a bit more supported! think im gonna mention it to him this week, if my pain keeps up this bad i literally wont be able to do everything i do now anyway so hes gonna have to do it!

wish all men could wear those pregnancy body suits BB, i think it would really shock them. oh well lets hope he steps up when baby is here xxxxx

he better do for both your sakes as you will need his help hu and they shud bring back body suits for men let them suffer lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back