tummy getting really hard

betty

Reaction score
This might be a really strange thing to talk about but last night and for the past couple of days, my tummy has been getting really hard for about 30 seconds and then relaxing. I also haven't felt the baby moving very much at all recently and my bump feels like it's getting smaller. I wonder if I am just worrying for nothing. Any help or suggestions gratefully received.

these sound like Braxton Hicks though and I found that for a few days baby was really quiet, maybe baby dosnt like them??? :think:

If you're worried though contact your M/W. I have been having these for a few weeks know and they seem to last longer.

sounds like braxton hicks, lo wont like them so he wont move around so much,

see how you get on and if your still worried contact your midwife who will reasure you.. :hug:

I felt this sensation you describe very strongly one time, it felt like LO had stood up inside me, then laid back down. I don't know what that was or what yours is, but there are many explanations, from gas, eating too much as there's not as much room as there used to be inthere for food hehe and general expanding of the uterus and its layers warming up for birth.

I do hope it eases and doesn't cause you too much discomfort, mention it to your MW if you are concerned I am sure she will be able to advise you, very best wishes :hug:

Hi

Definelty sounds like braxton hicks i get them loads , i wouldnt worry too muchif you have any questions maybe phone mw
Katrina

Thank you for replying. I was getting quite concerned and it makes things a lot better when other people feel the same.

Thank you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back