Bottom of tummy

Merfairy

Reaction score
Hi Just a question, I was out for the day yeaterday and was struggling to walk as my lower tummy feels like it has a bowling ball sitting in it and it feels really heavy!! I am getting achy and have to sit down; I feel about 100 years old at the moment. Baby is moving around and things appear fine at the moment; I know I have put on weight too. I am seeing MW for 28 week appointment tomorrow, but am wondering how others are feeling.

I am only 28 weeks and struggling already. I went to the shop earlier today and had to take it really slow on the way back as tummy feels like it is to burst or something is going to drop out; is this normal and if I am like this at 28 weeks, what is it like at 36 weeks, I am carrying my tummy sometimes to relieve the ache?

Any suggestions..? I am only okay when sitting on arse or in bed.. not good!!

Last edited:
Sounds like the position of the baby has moved.

I used to get this and when he moved my tummy would feel better again.

I also felt it when he had a weight gain too.

I get this every so often too. Once he's moved I go back to normal again!

I thought it was just me!! I feel like this too, it's so uncomfortable, and I'm only 26 weeks (almost), can't bear the thought of this for another 14 weeks :( I know that bubs is laying sideways across me, but it really feels like a ball is wedged between my legs, or he's going to fall out, even though I know he can't, cause of his position!
xx

I've had this since 25ish weeks! My boy is head down so I think it might be him resting his head heavily down there. When my boy does it I get a tight chest too, it's very strange. Oh and it makes me feel like i'm going to pee lol.

Merfairy I could've written your post about me! Thats exactly what i'm like, if I do anything too physical I pay for it for 2 days with aching bum muscles and nerve spasms. I sorted baby's clothes & equipment into boxes on Sunday morning because my OH is starting his room, I was standing for no longer than an hour but I was in alot of pain for the rest of the day. Even hoovering the living room takes it out of me! Hard to believe I ran a half marathon 2 years ago! lol x

I've had this since 25ish weeks! My boy is head down so I think it might be him resting his head heavily down there. When my boy does it I get a tight chest too, it's very strange. Oh and it makes me feel like i'm going to pee lol.

Merfairy I could've written your post about me! Thats exactly what i'm like, if I do anything too physical I pay for it for 2 days with aching bum muscles and nerve spasms. I sorted baby's clothes & equipment into boxes on Sunday morning because my OH is starting his room, I was standing for no longer than an hour but I was in alot of pain for the rest of the day. Even hoovering the living room takes it out of me! Hard to believe I ran a half marathon 2 years ago! lol x

It don't half make you feel old eh.... :???:

Doesn't it just! We were at the inlaws last night and they're in their 50's. I was moaning and grunting louder than them through aches & pains lol. I love having our little man in there even though his kicks are getting very uncomfy but boy do I want my body back to myself!! :) x

Claire; my OH did a Marathon on Sunday and afterwards he was walking like a cripple; I too was walking like one and had been sitting on bum all day... lol. I will be glad when my body is back to normal I think as well, though I love my bump xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back