TTC for the first time?

Betty-Boop

Reaction score
Hiya all,

Bet you thought i had dissapeared! - I'm still here!

I've taken myself off the pill now, stocked up on pregnacy tests, and looking for advice!!

So...any advice for a first timer at TTC?

xxxx

Good luck ttc! :D Although it's extremely hard to do I think the best way to get pg is not to stress about it too much. It's so easy to get obsessed very early on as I found out. I started trying to get my BMI down by dieting and exercising to give me something else to focus on apart from TTC and I got pg the same month (and lost 5lb!)
I hope you get a bfp soon :hug:

It's my first time TTC too and i'm now in month 2.

If last month is anything to go by try not to become too obsessed with it!!!

Last month it was all I thought about and BDing became such a chore! :(

This month I've been poorly so I've not even had chance to think about it and I feel so much better not stressing out! In fact....... I've only just realised that I'm now in my 2nd 2WW!!!!! :lol:

It is easier said than done but try not to think about it too much, last month my OH and I BD for 15 days in a row sometimes morning and night, but this month I was waiting for an appointment to have an operation, so stopped thinking about ttc, we only BD 3 times near ovulation and i'm now 4 weeks pregnant!!

Good Luck :hug:

defenatly try to relax and not think about it to much and dont put yourself under to much pressure
manda x

Awwww, Thanks guys!

Relaxing sounds very important! haha

When is the best time to do a test each month?

Sorry as a first timer i'm not yet cluded up!! xxx

If you mean a pregnancy test, the earliest a positive would show up is 10 days after ovulation (normally 4 days before your period is due). If you get a negative at that point test again in a couple days.
You can get false negatives at this time so it's a better option to wait until AF is late, but not many people have the patience for that :lol:

Again...easier said than done but try and wait until AF is late before testing.

Says the girl who had done 3 tests before AF was due last month!!!!!!!!!!! :?

if you wait at least until the day AF is due, most of the tests say they are 99% accurate :) but I know how eager we all are to see a + as early as possible :)

hi, my name is Sarah, i am 27 and my hubby is 31. we have been ttc since the end of january, i have had irregular periods since coming off the pill so i have done aboutt 5 pg tests and all have been negative as i dont know when to test?? i get obsessed every month now thinking i am late.

Also I am having a blonde moment - what do all the abbreviations stand for?!! AF, OH and BD?!!! 8)

sarah12 said:
hi, my name is Sarah, i am 27 and my hubby is 31. we have been ttc since the end of january, i have had irregular periods since coming off the pill so i have done aboutt 5 pg tests and all have been negative as i dont know when to test?? i get obsessed every month now thinking i am late.

Also I am having a blonde moment - what do all the abbreviations stand for?!! AF, OH and BD?!!! 8)

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4

your ticker is streching the page :(

Hi there, i have been off the pill and officially trying since april, it is so exciting but also very stressful every month waiting for a signs to appear,

I would say dont make to much of a thing about it, and try not to stress and hopefully nature will provide! :rotfl:

Hey guys,

I'm really really worried and i don't know who to turn to, i'm worried that i might be infertile. I've been off the pill, for a very long time and activly trying for a few months with no luck at all. I've been reading up about how being over weight can cause you problems when tring as well as many other things i.e. stress, previously having a STD, etc

Please can someone give me some advice on what i should do? Shall i do a home test? I'm to scared the doctors will just say "Your 18 why do you want a baby now!?"

We're ready THATS WHY! :p

xXx

Betty-Boop said:
Hey guys,

I'm really really worried and i don't know who to turn to, i'm worried that i might be infertile. I've been off the pill, for a very long time and activly trying for a few months with no luck at all. I've been reading up about how being over weight can cause you problems when tring as well as many other things i.e. stress, previously having a STD, etc

Please can someone give me some advice on what i should do? Shall i do a home test? I'm to scared the doctors will just say "Your 18 why do you want a baby now!?"

We're ready THATS WHY! :p

xXx

I'm overweight and we conceived fine with Isaac and I had a healthy and happy pregnancy. Others will also offer advice, but basically ttc can takes months, unfortunately, and it doesn't mean there's anything wrong. Your GP can offer advice but until you've been actively ttc for 12 months I don't think they'll do any tests. Have you thought about opk tests or charting? It's one way of getting to understand when is your most fertile time, sometimes it can be a case of just not ttc at the right time. Very best wishes, and age doesn't factor into being ready to become a good Mummy :hug:

Thanks for your advice!

I very much agree even though i'm 18 and the other half is 25, we have our own house, good jobs and great families.

We're ready and that's what counts! We have alot of love to share!!

So what are these cahrt things you were talking about?? I think i should maybe keep track of things like that.. since i haven't been taking the pill for so long i haven't been keeping track of my periods anymore!!

Be greatful for your help!

Thz xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back