Any good advice newbie TTC

LMM140807

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Any tips on TTC I have just come off the pill any good advice for me?

Thanks Lx :)

Hey sweetie, welcome to the site :wave:

First thing take notice of your cycle, get a ticker for your signature and this will help you know when you are ovulating.... might take a few cycles for your cycle to get back to a routine.... I was on the pill since I was 15 and came off in march, im 28 and my cycles came back into a routine pretty quickly... also lots of baby dancing. Every other day is about the norm for most of us girls on the board when your ovulating window is open! but every woman is different!!!

good luck with TTC hun and sending you lots of baby dust.... hope your on your way over to 1st Tri soon

xx xx :hug: :hug: xx xx

Thanks for the advice I really don't have a clue about any of this we have just decided after saying for 10years we were not having kids but the clock started ticking and here I am TTC hopefully it won't take to long but I know it could and I know when the times right it will. This is a great site loads of nice helpful people in the same position.

Lx :)

I didnt have this site during my first month TTC and then I found it.... Ive learnt so much from the girls on here and there is always someone about to make you feel better and answer your questions!!

Have you have a none pill period yet??? xx

No not had my first period yet came off the pill last week I really don't no what to expect we have been baby dancing this week but not more than normal I have the attuide when it happens it happens but I can see this changing as I can be impatient.

How are you getting on? Have you got any children or will this be the first?

Lx

Definitely work out your cycles first and if you're regular or not. Keep an eye on your cm (cervical mucus) as that's a good indicator of ovulation, before trying to conceive I got loads of it and never paid any attention to it, the minute I started ttc it all but dissapeared! :lol:

Your cycle is in 2 stages, first is folicle stage, this starts during AF (Aunt Flo, your period) and finishes at ovulation, this is different lengths for different women and can be different lengths each month for the same woman. Second stage is lp (luteal (sp?) phase) this is from ovulation to the start of you next AF. Some doctors say this is always 14 days but that's not true (at the moment I have an 11 day lp)

Ovulation should be around 14 days before your af is due but everyone is slightly different
eg
On a text book 28 day cycle ov should be on day 14
On a 32 day cycle ov should be on day 18

So work out you cycle lengths, if you're regular take 14 days off and bd every other day for about 5 days before ov to 5 days after and hopefully you'll catch the egg.

If your irregular you may need charting or opk's (ovulation predictor kits) to find when you ov.

Good luck (sorry I didn't mean to write that much but I got carried away :D ) hopefully your stay here will be short and you'll soon move onto first tri :hug:

Hiya :wave:

Welcome to the Forum and good luck with TTC.

Lots of great ladies on here that will answer anything you need to know about TTC :hug:

Kate x

It all seams calculated can I not just do lots of baby dancing it sounds more fun than working out all this stuff if we baby dance everyday surely I will get the right time?

LMM140807 said:
No not had my first period yet came off the pill last week I really don't no what to expect we have been baby dancing this week but not more than normal I have the attuide when it happens it happens but I can see this changing as I can be impatient.

How are you getting on? Have you got any children or will this be the first?

Lx

We started with the same attitude and very quickly changed :lol: I thought it would be sooo easy :lol: I knew very little about my body and im quite embarrassed as a woman to say that.... there is so much we aren't taught.... thats where this forum has been a life saver!! ive learnt so much from the wonderful girls I have spoken to on here and have made some fantastic friends along the way... we are all in it together and the girls on this site have been there when ive needed them (thanks girls)

this will be our first... I knew I always wanted children but it just never happened with my ex (which im now pleased about to be honest) I met my OH and from day one we both said we wanted children... so we decided back in March to come off the pill and try.... its very emotional and im sure every member in the TTC section will tell you that.... I feel like ive been trying for years and that sometimes gets me down but then someone gets a BFP and thats it ya realise why we are all here!!!

Im waiting on a fertility monitor coming from mel&bean from here and hoping that would help cause I was using OV (ovulation) POAS (pee on a stick) tests and last month I didnt find them to be any help so im hoping that the monitor will help me work out my cycle better this month coming!!! it works from your temp so is sorta like charting but for dummies as I cant get my head around the charting!!!

LMM140807 said:
It all seams calculated can I not just do lots of baby dancing it sounds more fun than working out all this stuff if we baby dance everyday surely I will get the right time?

I thought that at the start as well and it hasn't worked for us yet :lol:

I know what you mean I have no idea about my body I have been on the pill for so long I can't even remember what normal periods are like its scary to make the descision but now I keep thinking thats the easy bit. I haven't told anybody either so this site is great as I have nobody to ask for any info.

My OH thinks he's got super sperm and we won't have a problem but I know it's not that easy.

If you BD every day your OHs sperm will be diluted so may be less chance of fertilisation.

I charted for 4 cycles (you take your temp as soon as you wake up) as my cycles were all different after the pill and I had no idea when (or if) I was ovulating.

In saying that, it helps to try and not think too much about it as it can take over a bit!

Good luck!!
xx

It takes 2 - 3 days for a guys swimmers to mature so if you bd every day then you're only getting immature swimmers which are much less likely to fertilise the egg.

If you bd every 2 - 3 days throughout the cycle then you should definitely be in with a good chance, at your most fertile time sperm can survive up to 5 days so don't worry that there won't be any left to meet the egg :hug:

The first reason for me to understand my cycle was to check how regular I was and that there was no problems (such as a too short lp)

The other reason was I like to know everything about anything I'm currently interested in :lol: (unfortunatly I'm never interested in important things like work :rotfl: )

LMM140807 said:

Suppose it all depends on how quick you want it to happen. Im not ttc til next month and I have the attitude of "we'll bd every other day for the 2 weeks around ovulation and it will prob work" but lots of these ladies have done that without much luck and now need to chart to pinpoint when they ovulate to increase their chances. At the moment that sounds obessive but I think after a few disappointments, who knows what i'll be up to!

If you can bd in a relaxed way thinking, it will happen when it happens, then thats ideal for body & mind lol but it might not be as easy to stay that patient - I'm only saying this because I know what i'm like lol

LMM140807 said:
lol that's how all 3 of my pregnencies were concieved good luck :D and hi hehe :wave:

best of luck sounds like you have had some great advice already :cheer:

LMM140807 said:

My advice....do it your way for a few months and if it doesn't work then change your pattern. It's far nicer to conceive without the stress of charting etc. I let it get me stressed out cos I didn't have regular cycles after coming off the pill but I wish I'd been calmer in hindsight!!!!

Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back