..trying to wean....

Amy_J

Reaction score
hello there...this is my first official thred! wooo.

Marley is 14 weeks and never satisfied with feeding!!!! he seems to hate his milk! he grazes thru the ay and drains 7oz bottles at 6am and 9am.....my hv has told me that its ok to start weaning which i was so excited about! (ive just moved home from living in italy for 2 years and the didnt want me to wean till 6months!!!!) he doesnt seem to keen atm...just screws his face up and spits more rice out than what he actually eats.....am i doing this right?? im just doing it once a day at supper time for now....help!!!

To start off with he will spit most of it out. They learn by moving the food around his mouth but don't give up, keep at it. I started my daughter at 3 months which is quite young but she has such a good appetite and is never ill so I want to start weaning my son soon. He's 3 months on Thursday and I gave him a mashed banana last week which he loved!
Make sure you give him different things so he gets used to the different textures and tastes of food.

mashed banana! yum. i will give that a try! i'll try anything. so far ive only used rusk and plain baby rice. hes so unsettled and starving at night, its making it impossible for me to get him into a routine!!! i thought by 4months id have a strict wakeup nap bedtime with feeds established....but no! lol.

Aw don't worry it takes time! My LO has a strict bedtime routine and has set his own daytime feed routine but he naps when he wants!
Mashed and sweet potatoes are another good food to try or porridge.
My daughter never liked baby rice so I doubt I'll try it with my son!

im trying to enforce a bedtime routine but sometimes he's wide awake till midnight even later!!!!! i've just given him some banana porridge for his supper and he ate it all (and spat loads out lol) but still.he seemed more keen than the rice...maybe i will stop the rice too!! thanks for the advice!!!! =))))))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back