Treadmill vs Cross-trainer ???

tinkerbell*

Reaction score
we have a really good treadmill. have had it for about 1.5years now. when we first got it i used it religiously. but now i really cant be naffed and i have never really enjoyed running. so i am thinking about selling it.
i have however always enjoyed the crosstrainers, so i am thinking maybe i should replace it with one of these?

i was wondering...
does anyone have a cross-trainer, and how effective are they are toning up and loosing weight?
another factori need to consider is space (and the lack of it that we have) do they take up loads of room?

i would really appriciate any help.

i feel like i dont wanna get rid of the treadmill, but i have not used it at all in past 6months (despite having theo and me telling myself "I WILL USE IT TODAY...."... hmmm its just not happening....

I have a crosstrainer :cheer:

I love it. I can't always be bothered but I push myself to go on it and as soon as I get going I realise its not that bad after all!
I keep it on the far side of my bed in front of the telly. I put on a video and do 5k while I watch it. I have just started on the last lord of the rings film having watched them one after the other! Its a good way to get 30 minutes to yourself and watch those films you've been meaning to see! I would say it takes up about 1 and a half to 2 metres in length (when using it)

It takes me about 22 minutes to do 5k and just under 30 to do 6k. Its a really great work out for your bums, legs and arms. I never get out of breath like I do when running but I work up a great sweat and my legs definitely feel like they have had a good run! Every now and then I will push myself and do a 10k, but thats not very often!
Its a great calorie burner, you not only lose weight but you will tone up as you go.

I used to go on it about 5 days a week, but I got wii fit a little while ago so I have been alternating between the two. Wii fit is great btw :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back