Big adventure at the gym last night

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Sarah W Baby Belly, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Sarah W Baby Belly

Sarah W Baby Belly Well-Known Member

Had a big adventure last night.

My long awaited trip back to the gym finally happened yesterday. It was April the last time I went, which is the longest I have ever gone since joining in spring 2001.

I hoped to go a few weeks ago but I couldn't get into my jogging pants. :cry:

It was great!

I only did 30 minutes, split up into 3 ten-minute sessions. I walked on the treadmill, cycled and also the cross-trainer.

My thighs are all lovely and achey today and I feel fab.

I hope to keep it up until about week 30 if I can, and hope to keep swimming right to the end ideally as it seems to help with everything. (mood, self-esteem, back problems, sleep problems, weight, fitness, labour and recovery from labour)

Looking forward to going back to the gym again next week for more of the same

2. Urchin

Urchin Well-Known Member

I work at a big gym, but have never actually used anything except the kids pool and the jacuzzis :oops:

I'm determined to start aqua-aerobics soon though... I just don't want to have to buy a maternity swimsuit.

3. Sarah W Baby Belly

Sarah W Baby Belly Well-Known Member

I got my swimsuit from ebay.

It was a brand new mothercare one for a fiver and they are normally £20. It is a very flattering v-neck black one with white piping. i love it.

I am normally a 12-14 but decided on the 16-18 to be on the safe side and I think I made the right decision as it isn't as roomy as I expected.

Have a look on e-bay.

:D

4. beanie

beanie Well-Known Member

Urchin, I got a black maternity tankini from Asda for £6. Its just basic but I'm only going to wear it for a while. They did swimsuits too for about the same price

5. Tiny Sue

Tiny Sue Well-Known Member

Hi folks,

I am not a small girl, at least I don't think so. I am normally about a size 12 to 14, when not preggie and I am currently using a size 16 ordinary swimsuit from Monsoon. A friend of mine told me that maternity suits are a bit of a rip-off and she always uses a size 18 to 20, just the same thing.

Sue