travel systems - you opnions? good or bad?

LittleL

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im in abit of a pickle!

When i first found out i was pregnant and i was looking on kiddiecare at pushchairs, my first thought was 'im going to get one of them travel system pushchairs' as they look easy, hassle free, has everything you need and saves money.

However my partner has told me that he is really against them as when he had his two other sons (from a previous relationship) that the doctors and midwifes at the time often advised against them as there suppose to be bad for babies backs if they are in the carrier seated position for too long and that pushchairs which lie flat are much better for newborns?! :eh:

My thoughts are that if they were suppose to be so bad for newborns and the position of the carrier seat was unsuitable if baby was in it for long periods of time, then why would they make them and why would they be so popular?!?

i've seen some really nice travel systems but im still so unsure of what to buy now because of my comments from my otherhalf... i think doctors have brainwashed him or do you think there is some logic behind these claims?

thanks x

i have a quinny travel system. i think the car seat attachment it brill. i know ur not ment to have them in the car seat for longer than 2 hours but its ideal if u just need to nip to the shops because it saves disturbing them. in my opinion they are ideal

I've got the mothercare spin travel system and it has great reviews from parents using it right from birth. I am sure it's one of those things that's each to their own but I suspect it would be fairly well known if they were not good for bubs. x

Hi,
We got a travel system all in one with car seat and pram where newborns can lay in, that willk then turn into a buggy. I htink lots are like this? The car seat can attach onto the chassis of the pram-eg if you were just nipping out somewhere. They do say no more than 2 hours in the sitting position of the acr seat until a certain age though.

I have a graco travel system, which is fab.
They are definately worth the money if you are going to buy all the bits seperate.
They do advise you not to have them in there for to long but I think they are stating the obvious as some people have put their babies in them and left them in there for long hours/most of the day.

The car seat is brilliant. There is like a spirit level on it to make sure you have fixed it to the car properly and an inner support for baby and his or her head.
Only downfall I have is when I'm on my own and tired I find the set is a bit heavy but to be honest I am still getting use to it. I've only used it about 4 times and once on my own.

Hope you find one you like and want soon x

I'm definately getting a travel system, one tat can lie flat like a pushchair for longer days out but need a car seat and like the logic of putting the car seat on the frame and then into the car, if that makes sense at all! Haha. X

i used a travel system with my dd and will with this one too if your going to be out all day with baby you would put it in the push chair not leave in car seat for hours so i dont see the problem is handy if baby falls asleep on way to shops in car seat

I've got a graco travel system and it's brill! If you don't want to use the car seat when walking, you can always lie the pushchair bit flat!!

I have got a silver cross 3d and that can be used as a travel system and has a pramette bit for longer trips and converts easily to a pushchair!! If your worried why don't you look into travel systems with the options to have a lie flat position for baby!!

thank you all!! i guess im being abit niave as i havent even looked at at prams in person so i didnt even realise that you can have the travel systems without using the car seat and in a lay down position!

i think to be hoenst i will buy a travel system anyway but im going to go shopping and look at a few suitable ones.

thank you everyon!!

thank you all!! i guess im being abit niave as i havent even looked at at prams in person so i didnt even realise that you can have the travel systems without using the car seat and in a lay down position!

i think to be hoenst i will buy a travel system anyway but im going to go shopping and look at a few suitable ones.

thank you everyon!!

When we started looking we didn't realise just quite how much was out there!!! We looked at so many till we picked ours!! We also had to contend with us both having small cars and not being able to change them before baby arrives so needed something compact!!!

Go to mothercare and play around with them all and see what you like!! But i must admit i don't want baby in the car seat for too long and like it to be able to stretch out in the pram - just can't wait to use mine now!!!

I have been told and also read that if you are going to be out for more than a couple hours baby should be lying down not crunched up in car seat. We got the MY3 push chair which is 3 in 1. Its brilliant! we will use car seat just for car, and lay baby in the pram elsewhere. xx

Last edited:
I had this concern when I was expecting my first child, in the end I got a 3-wheeler with a carry cot so she could lay flat. Now i'm worrying about it all over again! I love the idea of just being able to clip the car seat onto the chassis if we're going shopping or something, but to be honest i'll probably do the same as last time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back