Transition from Moses basket to cot

LucyC

Reaction score
Hey mummy’s

I’m just after a bit of advice please, I’m a ftm, my dd is 7 months old and outgrown her Moses basket so I’m looking to transition her from her Moses basket to her cot in her own room.

I started the move last week and it did not go well, she’s usually an ok sleeper but she woke every 30 minutes to an hour. The next night I put her Moses basket in her cot and she went back to sleeping normally. So she’s done 4 nights of sleeping in her Moses basket in her cot in her own room no problem. However last night I tried her in her cot again. It took an hour of me trying to get her to settle in her cot for her to then wake after an hour and repeat all night long, it was worse then the first night!

she doesn’t seem to mind being in her own room as she’s fine in there in her Moses basket, but she won’t settle in her cot.

i wasn’t expecting it to be so hard because we went on holiday when she was 5 months and she slept absolutely fine in the cot then.

I haven’t been able to put her down in her Moses basket or cot for naps for months, she’ll only nap in her pram, car seat, swing or on me, so it’s not possible to get her to have her naps in her cot.

sorry for the long post but does anyone have any advice? I’m panicking because the Moses basket is too small and I don’t have anything else for her to sleep in. Tia x

We transitioned from next to me crib to cot bed at 5.5 months without any problems. The only thing we did different was next to me then cotbed in our room then cotbed in own room at 6.5 months. I don't know if doing that extra stage helped but maybe worth trying? It sounds like the cot might be too open for her and is making her feel insecure?

I know what you mean about cot naps though. Getting my boy to nap in the cot was beyond stressful to the point I gave up trying. That never got any easier for us and I just nap him in the pushchair.

We also started with the cot bed in our room before moving to his room. I’d give this a go :) x

Agree with everyone else. You're changing two things at the same time which is stressful for a baby, so maybe just change the cot at the moment and keep her in your room for another month or so.

My daughter wouldn't nap in her cot until she was 8mo old so there is hope yet for naps!! You just have to stay home for a couple of weeks and not use the car/pram at nap time. Of course that won't work until she's happy in the cot at night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back