toys ....

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
ok im looking on ebay for some toys for the up coming months , after spending a fortune on some baby ones from toysrus etc i cant see the prob in buying some 2nd hand for the future

anyone got some to watch out for that where real hits and worth the money ? or real favorites ? lasted a long time ??

im already looking at like stacking rings etc as they look good , anything else ?

mega blocks things come and go but she loves her mega blocks

midna said:
Cardboard boxes and plastic straps :D ..oh and empty plastic bottles .. :lol:

Remote controls are also a winner ...we give up buying toys now she never plays with them lol :D

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

For us its currently books... She Lurrrrves Tia's big girl books... :roll: Tia is not best pleased....

My hand with painted black nails is also a winner.... Pretty much anything she can get in her gob is just the bee's knees...

And well just mummy in general is the greatest toy ever.. :roll: especially at 4am.... :rotfl:

Remote controls, baby (or mummys, more like it) mobile phones with buttons, more retro ones are also fine clicky, tv screen type things and things like this (I typed into ebay "spin toy" cos I don't have a clue what theyre called) all seem to go down well with Ryan. Brody (jools) got him a lorry called GoGo Rollers which comes with a car in a ball that goes in it, although that might be a bit old for your LO at the moment Ryan likes the balls that go in it so I got some of these which are called Roll A Rounds which are the same size as the go go roller balls but have different things inside, like some are wildlife, some have sounds and shapes in, some have cars in etc... He also likes balls to listen to and watch and chase - boing ball from mothercare and chime ball from Early Learning.

Hope that helps. Even if you get something that he doesn't quite "get" at the moment, he'll learn by watching you play with it, and it's all new to him anyway so even if he just chews it for a bit it's his way of exploring. If you want a chime ball by the way (boxed, brand new) let me know cos I got one I had bought to use as a gift but misplaced and then found again so I don't need it and Ryan already has 2 lol.. so I could just send it onto you for free if you wanted one.

x

I bought a cube thing from asda which plays rhymes and songs and it was only a tenner, also got some rattles, teethers for about £4 each :D

that chime ball sounds great cos at mo his interested in noise but cant hold things yet ! thats a really nice offer , are you sure you dont want anythign for it ? postage costs ? :hug: :hug:

i realise something may be bit old for him now but i like them about and i like to get stuff in advance lol just cos i never know when im gonna be skinter then skint and im only gonna get skinter then i am now ! make sense :oops:
:rotfl:

emma i went asda last week ( its like a day out lmao ) and they had no baby toys in :cry: just came out with a winnie pooh sleepsuit set lol ( had a £5 george voucher from bounty :dance: )

Free/cheap entertaining things:

Boxes
Cooking pots/mixing bowls/lids etc
Wooden spoons
Pegs
Empty bottles (i.e. an empty water/coke bottle)
TV remote (we had a duplicate so removed the batteries now he has one the same as Daddy's and loves that)
Old mobile phone

They really seem to love stuff like that!!

as for proper toys we have thousands and half are never played with, some only entertain him for 10 minutes if that etc.....things that are good (DS is 8.5 months old) are stacking cups, mega blocks, baby lego, Fisher Price Amazing animals train (more the train not the animals just now though). He also likes looking at books (hard pages not paper!). For outdoors he loves his Little Tykes Activity Garden, his ball pool, walker and rocking horse - today if the weather is nice again we'll fill the pool up with water too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back