tooth brushing?

lotus

Reaction score
Hi Guys, havent posted here since I was pregnant my boy is now 9 months old, has 8 teeth, they look very cute but he wont let me brush them. He clamps his mouth shut when he sees the toothbrush and cried if I manage to get it in his mouth> Anyone any tips or ideas?
Thanks in anticipation of your reply.

Get a finger toothbrush, there's lots of different makes and designs available, you can even get dummy toothbrushes hehe but basically its rubber so LO can chew on it while you brush, he should like it and it can make it fun too, very best wishes :hug: On the review below they state they found tham at Boots chemist for £1.70 for a three pack, so try there first :D

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Finger-Toothbru ... B000NCBT7S

Oh, i've been battling this problem for about 5 months. :wall:

Sam was exactly the same in the early days, he still clamps his mouth shut now or blocks all teeth with his tongue. All i can say is persevere, it does get better but it does take time. I find it helps by putting something on the TV that makes him laugh, once he starts giggling i can get the brush in and giving him something to hold aswell takes his mind off it.

I've also tried 3 different toothpastes, the only one he'll let me put in his mouth is the 'Oral B Stages - tutti frutti', it has no mint taste to it which he prefers.

Good luck! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back