Too early for uchal scan?

jcox

Reaction score
Hi all, well had a very hair raising day yesterday.

Woke up in agony and bleeding so OH took me to hospital, which was a monumental waste of time. The EPU was closed for the weekend so they basically sent me away and told me to come back on Monday!

OH was beside himself bless him so started phoning round to try and get an early private scan, and luckily we managed to get one. I thought I was 7 and a half weeks at the time but at the scan I only measured at 6+1. But it was fantastic to see the little flash of a heartbeat!

I had already been given a date for my 12 week scan including a nuchal screening when I would have been 12 and a half weeks, but after finding out I'm a week and a half behind I will only 10+6 by the time of the scan. Can they still do it or will I need to call them and change the date?

Xxxxx

Im sorry to hear you have had a rough time :( hospitals ive found are useless at the weekend when it comes to early pregnancy, but sadly if anything did happen that early there is nothing no one can do.

Glad you managed to get a scan though! I would book anc appointment or phone your midwife and tell her whats happened and what your scan results said xxx

I think its more accurate from 11 and half weeks hun...as thats when the baby is pretty much fully developed! I would go and speak to your midwife deffo and see what she says xx

Id still go for the scan u have booked I had private scan at what I thought was 9+1 but they said I was 8+2 went for what was supposed to be 12 week expecting to be 11 week after private one and I was 12+4 so it showed they can't get accurate measurement from before 11 week.

Hope that makes sense

The did mine at 10+5 so you should be fine :)

Great thanks lovely ladies!x

My scan was sent through for when I would have been 10+5, it was 12 weeks after LMP but I have long cycles. I rang the ultrasound unit and ask what they recommend and she said the earliest they can do nuchal is 11+2 so put it back a week which I did. When I saw midwife she said 'oh you should have gone anyway they just would have booked you another scan if it was too early'. I just left it and went at what I thought was 11+5 (they actually dated me as 12+2) so it was fine but i guess 2 scans would have been nice.

Last edited:
I think I might just keep the scan date and see what they say.

Thanks so much for the advice.xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back