Today's appt!

sarah1

Reaction score
Hi girls,

Went for our follow up appts today after seeing haematologist and genetic counsellor. I do like our fertility doc as he kind of says it as it is. Due to us having a high risk of miscarriage with hubby's chromosome inversion he can't guarantee that I'll ever hold on to the pregnancy, so we either try and 'experiment' for a bit (if I manage to get pregnant again) or we give up.

He has given me 100mg of clomid for a few cycles and have to be scanned again on the next one. IF I get pg again then I'll need aspirin and heparin injections (or a vegetarian alternative which my doc was stumped with when I asked!) for my blood clotting thing to see if that helps hold on to the pg.

I think we'll give it a try for a bit but then we've also booked appt to see adoption counsellor in April just to see how long we'd have to wait - obviously the longer we keep 'experimenting' with treatment that may or may not work the longer the wait to apply for adoption and the older my hubby gets (he's 37 in a few months). He wants to just give up now I think, but don't think it'd help us time-wise and we might as well try a few cycles of clomid. He didn't seem too keen on trying IVF with our m/c rate but we'd jump that bridge if and when we came to it.

So feeling pretty deflated. I just wish there was a way out of the situation. I know things could be worse but when a problem is unfixable its very hard to try and stay positive. Hope everyone is well xxx

ps. he also decided after scanning me that the polyp is not a problem - so not sure why I had the 2 failed operations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back