Time off work

mandspice

Reaction score
I've got a rotten cold and hardly slept last night, feel as though the energy has been drained out of me! :(

I've come into work to do some urgent stuff but am gonna leave by lunchtime - I feel bad though, especially as not everyone knows yet. Am I overreacting or do you agree that it's best to go home and rest for Bubba's sake??

I say go home...

You have gone to work so that has shown willing.... There is no point making yourself worse...

Have a good sleep this afternoon... Tuck yourself up in bed - it's certainly the weather for it... :hug:

I agree entirely with Ruthie. Even if you weren't pregnant, that's what I'd advise. For a start off, you don't want folk at work catching your germs. Secondly, it's far better for you to take a day or two off work and properly get rid of the cold than to struggle in and then collapse with it later and it possibly being even worse. You'll hardly be very productive, either.

Go home and get yourself better, hun. Hope you get well soon.

Thank you xx I just don't want to look like I'm using the pregnancy as an excuse y'know, but you're right, I'm gonna get out of here as soon as I can :hug:

I felt the same around 10 weeks... i went to docs and she gave me a sick note for a week.... told me to rest as much aspossible.. so u should not feel guilty for going home!!!!!

Yeah, go home! You and baby are more important than work! Hope you feel better soon! :hug:

Is getting a cold part and parcel of being PG? With both of mine I had rotton colds early on to :think:

Go home hun and get some rest :hug: :hug: :hug:

skairdykat said:
Is getting a cold part and parcel of being PG? With both of mine I had rotton colds early on to :think:

Go home hun and get some rest :hug: :hug: :hug:

I think when pregnant your immune system is lower therefore you catch colds & bugs alot easier?

I have heard that too, i have a stinking cold at the mo and someone said that your immune system almost shuts down so that it doesn't reject the baby sounds a bit mad to me but there you go!!

sass said:
I have heard that too, i have a stinking cold at the mo and someone said that your immune system almost shuts down so that it doesn't reject the baby sounds a bit mad to me but there you go!!

This is true. Pregnancy is the one of the few occasions when the human body accepts a 'foreign body' (obviously your baby has different cells from you etc) and this is one of the ways it does it.

yea hope u went home to rest :)

u need plenty of rest as pregnancy goes on :)

I was off work for mostof the time between weeks 8 and 14 with constant nausea. It was difficult, as only mymanager and 1or 2 others knew I was pregnant (told the rest of the team at 12 weeks). I felt a bit bad, especially as my friend at work is only 12 days behind me and was at work every day with no nausea at all. At the end of the day though, as my (very understanding) manager told me, you have to do what is best for you and the baby and sod everyone and everything else :D

Hope you have had a lovely relaxing day at home :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back