Time off work for fathers to be?

Hazel

Reaction score
I know that as the expectant mother I'm entitled to paid time off work for appointments, scans etc but what about my husband? He obviously wants to come to all the scans and antenatal appointments.

As far as I'm aware fathers-to-be don't get any paid time off. However i'm sure most employers understand that they want to be there and so may be able to sort somthing out for you.

My hubby can take holiday days off to come with me to scans and hospital appts and they have told him he can have 2 weeks off paternity with 90% pay when the baby arrives :cheer:

It may be worth him asking the employers.

found this on the 'adviceguide.org' site

There is no legal right for fathers to have time off work to attend ante- natal appointments. However, the Government recommends that employers allow fathers either to take paid time off, or to make up lost time later. For more information, see the BERR leaflet, Fathers-to-be and ante-natal appointments – a good practice guide, on the website of the Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (BERR)at: www.berr.gov.uk.

Nicola g said:
My hubby can take holiday days off to come with me to scans and hospital appts and they have told him he can have 2 weeks off paternity with 90% pay when the baby arrives :cheer:

It may be worth him asking the employers.

that sounds very good. im hoping my company allow me to work from home for two weeks so i don'y lose out on too much money!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back