tickling baby's feet?

Kimbo

Reaction score
my friend said to me last night that you're not supposed to tickle your baby's feet?
is that true?
not that im planning on spending hours tickling him/her!! but thought it was just a bit random :think:

My MW at hosp told me to play with her feet if she started to sleep during a feed, as they don't really like it so it would wake her up. She's not bothered by having her feet tickled now, she curls her toes round and everything bless.

So its probably because she's been told that babies don't like it :D

Emmylou said:
My MW at hosp told me to play with her feet if she started to sleep during a feed, as they don't really like it so it would wake her up.

Same here lol though he's got immune to the feet now so I have to play with his toes instead :rotfl:

my mum said she used to play with my feet for hours when she was pregnant with me and i used to push my feet out so she could do it :rotfl: I chuffin love my feet been rubbed and tickled now. :rotfl:

you shouldn't tickle babys feet because they can't laugh and its uncomfortable for them because of this.
you shouldn't tickle babys at all really.

jenna said:
my mum said she used to play with my feet for hours when she was pregnant with me and i used to push my feet out so she could do it :rotfl: I chuffin love my feet been rubbed and tickled now. :rotfl:[/quote]

That made me cringe, I hate my feet being touched.

I blow raspberries on Seb's feet and he smiles when I do it but never really tickled them, didnt know you werent supposed to though.

i tickle her feet but not for long tho :)

hate mine being tockled just love to see her move them when i tickle them.

Kimbo said:
my friend said to me last night that you're not supposed to tickle your baby's feet?
is that true?
not that im planning on spending hours tickling him/her!! but thought it was just a bit random :think:

I asked my dad this as hes a paramedic and he says you not suppose to tickle a babys feet because they cant laugh so it can cause them to have a fit but it is safe to stroke .

Tickling my LO's feet seems to have no effect, she just sleeps right through it.

I was also told to stroke Josh's feet and to drip cold water on them when he was a baby as he fell asleep during feeds (he was a preemie). His physio which started the day he was born also involved stroking the inside and outside of his feet to stimulate the nerves there and get him to stretch his feet - so stroking them must be ok if not tickling.

aint stroking the same as tickeling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back