Thoughts?

Niknak

Reaction score
What do people think of the name Sid? I'm interested in opinions either way as want to ask people who are impartial :) My grandpa's name was Sidney and he was pretty amazing! At the mo it's the only boys name that is linked to our family that I like, but is it too old fashioned? Is it mean to call a little baby/boy Sid?! I met someone a while ago with a four year old with the same name and it was brilliant and it really suited him but just wanted to get other peoples thoughts! :eh:

I really like it, it's cute but a name that they can grow up with too :) x

I like it. Sidney is cute and so is Sid. It's a traditional name, but not common at all. Has my vote! :)
Plus it's lovely that it's your Grandpa's name. Has a special meaning for you too.

xxx

Thanks girlies - that's made me really excited! x

I like sidney - but not keen on the sid bit if im honest. but thats just my opinion. its lovely to name ur lo after ur grandpa.
xxx

TBH we were just looking through family tree for a bit of inspiration and this was the only name that we liked (my husbands side all seem to be named after each other so not much choice!) I like Sidney because it has meaning to me but also slightly different - my only worry is that everyone will think its mean giving him an old mans name!!! x

Older names are coming back into fashion just now though. I guess probably more with girls than boys - but boys dont seem to trend quite so much.

Older names like Millie, Evie and Ruby are all the rage again. so sydney would be in good company.
xxx

I'm thinking of Sidney as a girls middle name as we both like it and my hubby's grandad was called that, sounds kind of cool these days for boy or girl!

Oh dear, I instantly thought of Sid the Sexist, and my husband has a cousin called sidney who his dad always calls Hissing Sid and pronounces it S-s-s-s-s-sidney. So I'm not a fan of naming my own child Sid, but it could be a great name if it was well away from all that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back