Thoughts on my baby names please :)

Claireandbump

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Would really appreciate your honest opinions on my choice of names please. Unfortunately the hubby and I cannot agree :roll:

My little girl is called Maia and I don't know the sex of this little one.

My favourite girls names are

Millie
Maisie
Marley

and my favourite boys names are

Miller and Mason.

I think my preference would be Millie as it goes nice with Maia. However, my Hubby LOVES Marley. He hates both boys names that I like and also LOVES Marley for a boy :eh:Basically he wants to call the little one Marley, regardless of sex.

What are your thoughts on this?? I see it as more of a feminine name and would worry about him getting teased???

Thanks x

Marley is a boys name... And most people I know would think it a bit strange to call a girl Marley. Apart from the fact I believe it's an old English name for a boy, it also reminds me of Bob Marley.

I wouldn't call a girl Marley personally - I love Millie though, that's cute with your daughters name!

Last edited:
Haha...my hubby wants to call this one charlie...boy or girl! Alot of thought went into that one lol.
Love Masie x

Marley always reminds me of the film Marley and me. (Sorry) It also makes me think of Bob Marley but I just can't stop picturing a golden labrador. I like Maisie best from your three girls names and Mason from your boys but it's quite popular at the moment. What about Madison for a girl or Mackenzie? (could be used boy or girl).

My friend has a girl called Marley - and it really suits her!

Miller is my ultimate fave boys name!!!! Hubby won't let me have it thought unfortunately :(

I love all your girls names!! To me Marley is a girls name and I think it's lovely, but it does remind me of the labrador as well tbh. I still really like it, though!! My top pick from your list would be Millie, which I agree goes very well with Maia and it's absolutely lovely IMO.

As for the boys names I'm not sure what i my opinion is on Miller tbh as it is more of a surname to me. I'm not quite sure whether I think it's really cool or not my cup of tea haha. But I think Mason is a great name and would also go well with your daughter's name! :)

So my picks would be Millie for a girl and Mason for a boy :)

Last edited:
Thanks all, it's really good to get such varied opinions :) I wish wish wish he liked Miller. It was my favourite boys name last time I was pregnant..and still is. Shame he hates it �� I think my fav's are Millie and Miller, he prefers Marley as he thinks it's more original x

I liked Marley when we were picking names but for a girl I would spell it Marlie.

Sorry, I'm with the Marley is a boys name crowd. I love Maisie though x

I would always assume Marley to be a girls name for humans and boys name for dogs. Probably because that's what I know them as in real life... Many a male dog named Marley and several girls named Marley, all with different spellings.

I know someone whose children are called Millie and Mason, both very sweet names.

X

From your girls names, for me, it would be Maisie or Millie and out of your boys names, definitely Mason. Not too sure about Miller, sorry xx

LOL Not awkward at all hun... Not our baby, not our choice. For me, personally, I dislike boys names on girls and girls names on boys. It's just not my style. But then I have a son called Raistlin who was named after a character in a fantasy book - so I can't really talk much!!! :p

I like Marley and Mason for boys... Mason was my top choice for a while but now I live on Mason Road itd be weird lol! Plus a family member has recently used it x

LOL our child will be of a mix race so we think she would pull it off.. I don't know why as I am not saying a certain race should be called certain names but I just think it would be lovely.

She would be Marley-Valerie Hodge after my OH's elderly mum

I wanted Issac-George Hodge for a boy but OH has picked Rocky Alex-George Hodge which again I can imagine on a mix raced boy so it has grown on me..

Not everyone's cup of tea but that's okay :)

xx

I would put Marley for a boy, I keep thinking of Marnie as quite a similar name for a girl though? xx

I think Marley works well for either gender
Miller is lovely but I see as a girls name more for some reason :)
I choose odd names anyway , Marshall isa great boys name if your looking for M's

My sister was Jo , i'm jenni so fir me same first initial meant whoever raced to get the post first opened it asboth labeled Miss J Walter !! Grrrr so many arguments!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back