Those who have had growth scans.....

Lilmoomin

Reaction score
...... at 34 weeks, what line was your LO on???

I have had a growth scan today....Lilli started on bottom line, jumped to the middle line and is now almost on the top line!!! I have got to have another scan in 2 weeks, if she has gone over the line then they will discuss what happens then!! (Not sure what they mean by that!)

I am kinda sh*tting myself now as they said she is just over 6lb at the moment!!!

Gotta see midwife twice a week as bp was slightly up and i'm swelling!

X x x

Hey,
I had a growth scan on Tuesday. Babys measurements were all high at my scan before that but on Tuesday he has started to steady out a bit. My baby also measures 5lb 8 now where before he was putting on weight far to fast. All in all he has defo started to gain weight and wht not at a steady speed and not shooting up. Got another scan a week on Tuesday so hopefully he will still be growing at a steady speed.
I am getting induced anywhere between 37 and 39 weeks depending on next scan xx

So your LO has been measuring big all along?? Lilli started off on the bottom line and is now almost on the top line! Are they inducing you because of your LO's size or for something else??
Thank you for replying hun x x

Thats ok hun.

I have gestational diabetes which makes baby grow big but i am getting induced due to being on insulin because of the GD xx

So do I! But I was only just over at 8.1 so instead of going to the diabetes clinic they are letting my consultant deal with it! I wonder if its down to that then?? I'm really scared how big she will be by the time I get to 40 weeks! X x

Aw bless ya hunni. I wonder why they havent put you on insulin to try to steady th growth xx

I only found out the other week and this was the first growth scan I've had! As I said she was on the bottom line, then moved up to middle line but now almost on the top line! I wonder if that's what they will do if she goes above the top line at my next scan! I hope not, doesn't that mean you have to inject yourself??? X x

Yeah i have to inject my belly hun. Its not as bad as it sounds as i was quite worried to start off with. So do you have to do finger pricks and check your blood sugars, like a home monitoring thing? Xx

OMG!!! I really don't think I could do that!! No!! Nothing at all! Just advised to stay away from high sugared foods like banana's & grapes!! X x

Well they started off with me trying to just change my diet and to do blood sugar levels 8 times a day but no matter what i ate my levels were still high (turns out i just have to much sugar in my body or something) so they put me on insulin and i still test my blood sugar levels 7 times a day. Ive cut all sugary things out and between the insulin and me not eatin sugary things i think it has done the job :). I tell you when ya craving choccy n u work in a sweet shop its major hell lol.

I supose only time will tell as to wether his growth stays normal. Xx

I had a growth scan at 38+1 weeks and he was estimated at 8lb 12. He was born 4 days later and was only 7lb 2. I dont think that the growth scans are very accurate chick xx

I had a growth scan at 38+1 weeks and he was estimated at 8lb 12. He was born 4 days later and was only 7lb 2. I dont think that the growth scans are very accurate chick xx

Wow.. Thats a bit of a difference hun xx

Toonlass:: Where abouts in Newcastle are you from? xx

OMG!!! You are stronger than me!! My problem was grapes!!! I craved them so bad, so was eating quite alot of them, but in all fairness since they told me I had GD I have almost stayed off them! Have had a few bars of chocolate tho! Its shocking when you look at what your eating, sugar seems to be in most things!! I don't know what they class as high tho! I guess if she gains more than she should in the next 2 weeks, they will advise me what to eat, well I hope they will! X x

Oooooo one can hope then Toonlass! I am really hoping! Lol x x

I cut out everything lol. All the way through my pregnancy i have craved choccy but since i found out i had GD i havent touched choccy... Go me lol xx

Well done you! I guess it would of helped if I had found out sooner!! All I can do is use my common sense now and cut out the obvious things! X x

I had mine a few weeks ago --- im high risk due to high BMI but GTT tests are clear but had a growth scan and at 16 week the baby was normal same at 20 weeks and then the growth scan they where all on the top line or slightly over.
Had a consultation with doctor and she said that she thinks the charts are out of date because all over the world babies are getting bigger, She said she won't even be worried if baby was over the lines by quite a bit.
She said that she is happy to let nature take its course although i have another scan on the 20th december to see whats gone on. The first doctor i saw was all for induction but she isn't and she is the head doctor the other was a trainnee. She said that our bodies are designed for our babies so not to worry. However if you are diabetic then that may be why they may want to induce. The same if my blood pressure goes high. Hope that calms you a little xx

Thanks hun, because I already have two boys, if she goes above 8lb I know what the least is I am in for!I tore bad over both my boys, deep down this is what is scaring me the most! Sadly I didn't heal quick, this is something that I really don't want to go through again! It was the diabetes midwife that said as long as she stays either just below or on the top line they wont be concerned, but if she goes over then we will have to discuss what will happen!
I know I must sound like a right wimp, but sadly I didn't have nice experiences over the boys!
Maybe things will be different this time, but my gut instinct is telling me its not! X x

At my 33+5 wks scan my baby is on the bottom line and they have approximated her weight at 4.5 lbs but when I saw my midwife on thursday she still wasnt happy that baby is growing well enough as Im only 31cm at 35 weeks and I am losing weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back