• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Those who have had a section!

skatty

Reaction score
Hi ladies I was wondering how long it was before you felt like exercising. I know you have to wait for your 8 week check for anything too strenuous but when do you feel up for going for a walk with the pram? Has anyone done pilates after a section? I used to run and on another forum there are women saying they started up running after 4 weeks, I wont do this but do you think its possible to feel that recovered after a month?

Hi Hun...Well after my section it was a good 4 weeks before i felt up to walking far, as in taking the dog out etc. I personally think that any other form of excercise 4 weeks after a section is pushing it! I had to keep reminding myself that a section is major surgery, all your tummy muscles have been cut through, and it takes time to heal. Just bear in mind that you could do further damage. Id give it about 6-8 weeks atleast. Im unsure about pilates, i found hanging the washing out hard, with stretching upward.
Dont rush it hun

Thanks Hels, yes I'm going to be careful. My DH already keeps saying don't forget you're pregnant because I forget my body can't be moving as fast as it used to! My DH has 3 weeks off but I'm already panicking about taking both a baby and the dog for a walk! DH's Mum lives nearby though so I'm sure she'll help out.

cheers :D

id say the same as Hels, i felt so drained for weeks that there was no way i could even be bothered to excersie.

You are not allowed to drive, hoover, lift things above your head e.g put the washing out, for 6 weeks so i would say you have to give it at least 6 weeks before thinking of exercising again !

Fantastic! The perfect excuse to not do any housework for 6 weeks :lol:

Im 5 weeks post op and in the last week I have felt quite different in the way I walk etc. I feel like being a bit more energetic. I think I coul run and have been out for about a fortnight with my double pram.

Laura that sounds great, you must be recovering really well. I'll be very happy to be going for walks after a few weeks :D

Christ I didn't start exercising until Aaron was about 3-4 months old and then it was only light. I was out with the pram after a few days but that was only round a supermarket. Started walking about 6 weeks after. As someone else said you're not even meant to do housework until after your 6 week check. I'd take it easy for a while just to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back