Thinking about TCCing can be harmful to your health

minxie

Reaction score
(in my opinion and from my experience)

Last month I was obsessed with Tcc'ing..my every waking moment was..have I ovulated? When's OH home to BD?(..quick jump on him and stick my legs in the air for 30 mins like a lemon) Was that implantation pains? Is this a pregnancy symptom? Is it too early to test?....it drove me bonkers...and even caused a little bit of depression when I got those BFNS and AF arrived.

This month, I have tried to think a lot less about it. Of course my first and last thougths in the day are of conceiving and having a healthy baby...but I have tried to switch my brain off to it in the day....and I tell you....I have felt absolutely fine health wise, wheras last month I had every ovulation/pregnancy/AF sympton under the sun. I have no plans to test until AF does not show up.. wheras last month, I wasted loads of tests testing from day 13 onwards.

Last month it felt like everyday was going so painfully slow. This month, its already day 19 of my cycle in the blink of an eyelid!

So I guess this is meant as a bit of helpful advice for those going unhealthily mad with thinking about tccing and the 2ww, as I was. From reading the forum posts, I think some of you are stronger or more experienced or just calm by nature and know how to handle this waiting game.

But for those of you first timers or anxious impatient ones, like me, if all this gets you down at times or you want to find an easier way to cope with it...just relax, stop thinking about it so much, let mother nature take its course and realise it may not happen straight away. All you can do is BD, eat healthily, not smoke and take folic acid (and I suppose plot your fertility chart which i have not done)!

I feel better in myself for not being so obsessed about tcc'ing.

Last month, I read loads to posts advising women to relax and just wanted to reply ' how can i relax!!!??? I want this baby so much! I have symptoms..this must be it'. But those people who gave that advice are so right. I have no idea if Im pregnant or not...so I dont know if this newly found new-age attitude helps with getting pregnant (lol), but at least I feel a lot more happier and calmer in myself.

Just wanted to share that with you in case it can help someone else.

I have to thank a dear friend who I made through this forum for the return of my sanity this month. Last month we were both thinking about tcc'ing/symptoms non-stop and realised we had to change our way of thinking or we'd drive ourselves mad.

I am not sure about relaxing helping you to conceive but stressing may well delay things.
If you think that conceiving is stressful just wait until you do.... then you really crack up with stress :rotfl:
what I am trying to say is that you really need to not go symptom spotting and stuff because you really will know when you are just from your hormones being shot to pieces.

I know what you mean about getting obsessed. I received some good advice which was to plan a holiday (travelling being my thing). That way, you have something else to focus on. that really helped with stopping to be so obsessed with TTC - it was either we will have a lovely holiday or a baby and I was getting into serious holiday planning mode. I also started pilates to relax.
Needless to say, when I stopped worrying i got pregnant. Obviously this could be a complete coincidence, but I think for your sanity at is as well to find something else to focus on.

Good luck to all those TTC.

great advice i remember it well. its easier said than done though. i wish you all the best for ttc ing :pray:

Hi Rusks

I remember your postings too when you were ttc so that shows i have been at this lark for a while. I agree, i know its hard but its best to relax. I am on the last few days and have had some symptoms but am very cynical about them now even though they still drive me mad!!!

Sarah

You know, that happened with my last two pregnancies.......I couldn't stop obsessing over it and nothing happened. Then as soon I relaxed a bit.....Bingo!!! it happened. You never know hun this month could be your month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back