• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

think my milk is going bye bye

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
seems im just not ment to breast feed , boy still doesnt feed very successfully on breast , so have been expressing and using formula at night

well its now got to the point i need to express 3 times to get enough (3oz) for one meal :cry: it seems to ahve happened after getting mastitus .

i know i dont drink enough but do you think this is now it ? am i gonna have to go forumla full time ?

yesterday my boobs felt full but still only got 1 oz out even using a leccy pump . today tbh my boobs dont even feel full and i dont even feel like i 'need' to express .

kinda upset a bit , i thought i was gonna breast feed but its just not worked out that way , and ive tried so hard to keep me milk coming in , even tho its been horrible as it would mean at feeding time id have to change him , make a bottle , feed him and then express which u can imagine at 3 am takes a while !

oh previusly i was getting the 3oz out i needed for one feed , so it shows how much its died down :cry:

hey hun.. i only get 1oz when i express and eds 6 weeks.. expressing isnt very successfull tbh..

are you oputting him to the breast at all?

try , but get full on screaming temper tantrum even if i put him on before he gets to the full on hungry stage . he just lazy and doesnt use his tongue right to latch on proper . and im getting conflicting advise from midwife ( not been discharged yet) and health visitor . Mw says dont use nipple shields and Hv said use them :roll:

if i was getting much more tho and now im not surely it means my supply is going ?

i think it means that your milk is changing.. your suply might be dropping.. if he isnt feeding at the breast. he could have nipple confusion due to mostly feeding from bottle.. tbh i think its worth trying a nipple sheild that way you have exhausted all your options?

u say u dont drink enough? i think if ur milk IS low that'll be why! u should drink at least 2 litres of water a day! after all milk is made up mostly of water! i found i didnt even have to try, BFing made me soooooooooo thirsty, it was like a switch too- as soon as she was latched on i started rageing for water lol! i used to drink 2 glasses per BF, which was every 4 hours, and take a big jug to bed with me and finish it thru the nite! i probably drank more than enough lol.

i tried a pump once and got nothing at all out- thought it was crap- i got more out by hand! it depends what time of day too in the morning i used to be able to get 100mls but in the evening not much more than a few drops.

can i just ask why u dont think he feeds very successfully? what is happening that makes u think that? might be able to offer more help if i kno what the problem is. :hug:

he couldnt latch on at all when he was born , was only prob he had as a premmie , now he just lays there with gob wide open and doesnt suck or manage to hold onto my booby / nipple , mw said his not bringing his tongue forward enough . he does all the right actions apart from holding on !

I drink a bottle of mineral water a day... and on days where I slack ... lil miss cluster feeds more often. I had mastitis a couple of weeks ago and the days after were such a trial. I also get the temper tantrum..."I don't want your boob" too... its trapped painful wind though... and an infusion of camomile & fennel tea works wonders.

raising kids is trial and error...even if you are on baby #12. Take both the mw and HV advice...try it out...discard what doesn't work.... and if you have to switch to formula in the end.... then congratulate yourself on giving Adam a great start in the first place an that you are continuing to take excellent care of him, by giving him love, comfort and food.... :hug: :hug: :hug:

thanks squig , but who;s adam :rotfl: have i had another one already :lol:

i deffo think its the water intake then , ive always been a rubbish drinker , have always had a usless bladder so would not drink so not to go to loo ( this was even before pregy i go LOADS ! ) trying to force myself to drink as its still hurting when i pee cos my pee so strong :wall: god its not hard is it DRINK WOMEN :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Premhospital
Back