Think i felt baby phump! But not sure :o/

Little miss pink

Reaction score
Hi Everyone :wave:

This is my first ever pregnancy which i think is why i'm unsure but up to date i've had no fluttering or feelings that i think could be baby phump so i just resigned myself to the fact i'm going to be a later feeler (so to speak :rotfl: :roll: ) occassionally i would get a feeling that something was washing up inside of me but i just put that down to wind or stretchings etc.

Any hoo.....

Last night was doppler night (which happens every other night btw) and when i put the doppler on my tummy a kept hearing a noise, which i can only explain as sounding like a soft bang under water) i've heard this noise off and on before and wondered if it was baby phump moving. Well when i heard this noise one time last night i also felt the sensation of a small prod coming from inside of my tummy upwards and it made me jump so much i dropped the doppler then i put the doppler back on my tummy again and it happened again at the same time as the noise so i was a bit freaked out. the only thing at the time i could think it could be was baby phump but because i've had no fluttereings or anything as time goes on i'm wonderign if its all in my head... :roll:

I mean can you go from feeling nothing, not even flutterings, to feeling little prods (cannot call it a kick as it felt like it was with a tiny little little thing) in your first pregnancy and at only 17wks 6 days? And i've felt nothing since either think: :think:

What do you think ?

LMP x :

It sounds like what I felt last week.

I'd say it was your baby! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Sounds very much like baby is making their presence felt!

It's a beautiful thing....Especially once you become more confident in knowing what the feeling is :)

It sounds like baby to me! I woke up at 18 weeks 1 day and felt a kick and I was so suprised too! I hadn't felt anything distinct before that and was suprised that the feeling just appeared!

So yay! :cheer: it's your baby!! hehe.
You'll be feeling it more and more from now on them! I'm at the stage now where my belly jumps when she kicks. Lol. Tis cute :) xxx

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Oh i hope i don't have to wait too long to feel him/her again?

But at least i know its not all in my head and could possible be my baby.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I wish i'd just relaxed and enjoyed it now instead of being so surprised and shocked :wall: :wall: typical of me :roll:

LMP x

I didn't have flutterings, just the occasional prod so I'd say it's baby! :D
Mine used to kick the doppler at the midwife's loads - it's like a little static bang or crash. But he was aiming right for it, it may sound softer if it's general kicks :D

YAY!!!! :cheer: sounds like baby to me!!!
i didn't have any flutterings either and felt a couple of little taps at around 17/18 weeks. i wasn't sure if it was LO at first, but then they became more frequent and now I know it is definitley LO cos she does it all the time and they are stronger.
Congrats :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Yep that's the noise you hear on the doppler when baby moves! Mine was doing the lambada at the last midwife appointment and she found it difficult to hear its heart clearly because it was so busy going swoosh gloop gloop! :rotfl:

congrats hon :dance:
that sound like it's your baby letting it know mummy it's there. :hug:
thats brilliant news i know how much you have been waiting for this moment.
you'll feel baby more and more as time goes by
and like babybee im at the stage where my bump moves when my son kicks.
you've got so much to look forward to
ENJOY your baby bump kicks hon :dance:
LOL Sarah :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back