The OH is stressing!!

annaespana1

Reaction score
My hubby (bless him) is really beginning to stress. He is a self employed air-con engineer out here is Sunny Spain- problem is, is that the weather at the moment is neither hot nor cold- so no-one wants heating or cooling- no pennies coming in.
He is so worried about not being ready for baby coming (cot, buggy....) that he's gone quite quiet and SAD :cry:
I am trying to cheer him up but truth is if it goes on much longer I'll loose my ability to remain positive.
He's not a worrier normally and he's been wonderful in every respect- even today he packed me extra lunch- (just in case I got hungry...I had enough to feed my class!), does all the housework and sleeps on a knife edge so I get a good sleep.
Sorry this is a ramble- I want to help him but anything I say doesn't seem to help- Thanks for listening :hug:

Aww bless - sounds like you've got a really loving caring bloke there :)

I'm sure it will all come together in the end. Please try not to worry.

Your baby will have the best start in life whatever happens, as it will be born into a loving stable relationship.

:hug: :hug: for you and OH

Bless your OH, he sounds like a good man. People think they'll never have enough money to have a baby regardless of their income but it's suprising how you manage
:hug:

He sounds lovely trying to do everything. He has the same job as my partner but he has just had a hernia op and has to take a min of 6weeks off :(

i'm also a self employed beauty therapist who has had to cut back on work to nurse him and because i'm so tired.

I think its a lot of stress on the man as they feel they should be the bread winner and be looking after you, THOUGH as i have reminded my partner there is plenty of time left to do that!!

Oh dear Anna.... :( Your poor OH...

I kinda have the same thing with my OH... And he's petrified about the baby coming and we won't have any money to care for him... It's harder when you are in Spain because the benefits system isn't set up to care for people in the same way as the UK.. At the end of the day, if you arn't working, you get squat... which is terrifying at the best of times...

I lost my job in June because I was pregnant, so we're really struggling too on just one wage.

Give him a big hug and tell him you love him... Things always work out for the best... at least that's what I keep telling myself... :D

Squiglet said:
It's harder when you are in Spain because the benefits system isn't set up to care for people in the same way as the UK..

Benefits system! What benefit system in Spain Squig?? LOL

Don't worry anna, todays problems will fade away and you'll soon have a lovely baby in your arms, worth all the agro we through to get there. Just give your OH lots of love and reassureance. It sounds like you have a strong relationship together which can anchor you both through any of life's passing storms. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back