The military operation begins.....

BabyBrain

Reaction score
Code Name: Next Grandchild

So today my Mum declared we are going shopping on friday to get things for her new grandson (she's convinced boy and is rarely wrong). She's been saving and we are off to Mamas and Papas and Mothercare....the two most expensive shops in town. I'm very grateful don't get me wrong and she's so looking forward to it but I feel really guilty. Mum and Dad are both retired and I've been the only child to help them out with money (there's 11 of us). I'm not used to mum spending loads on me even though she does with my siblings, it's always been me helping her out.

Arguing with her is pointless, what mum wants she gets lol but I still can't help feeling guilty :( xxxxxxx

awww, thats really sweet your mum wants to spend on you, i wouldnt feel bad if i were you, its making her happy after all :) i wonder if her prediction will be right, are you going to find out? xxxx

Omg as soon as I can :lol: I'm far too nosey to leave it as a surprise and I'm a bit of an obsessive planner so I like to know what's what xxxxxxx

aww bless dont feel guilty you havent asked or hinted for the money! Maybe she is just wanting to spoil you for a change because she appreciates what you have done for her? xx

aww hun, how exciting and by the sounds of it, it is your turn to be treated! enjoy it hun.

xx

Aww I envy you, I haven't seen my mother since May 2007. She wouldn't come to my wedding in March and when I emailed her to tell her I was pregnant, she told me not to bother her anymore. Lucky lucky you xxxxx

Omg Vikki!!!! You can share mine with me if you want :) xxxxxxxxxxx

Babybrain i think that's lovely of your mum and I'm sure she wouldn't offer to take you if she didn't feel comfortable about spending the money.

Just enjoy it and have a fab day with your mum- I can't wait to start doing baby things with mine xx

Thank you BabyBrain, in floods of tears here, darn hormones........hugs xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back