• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The ideal pushchair / travel system

Izzy

Reaction score
I'm at a loss as what to get! Originally we were going to get this Graco travel system ( http://www.twoleftfeet.co.uk/Graco_Quat ... nkle5.html ) but after all the problems with that company we looked elsewhere for it, and when we saw it was MASSIVE and much too heavy and bulky!

I only have a Ford Fiesta so it needs to be fairly compact to fit in the boot. Just open for suggestions really as to what you would buy / recommend. What do you use?

I need a car seat too but don't mind if its not a travel system. I don't want to get a pram because i think it would be a waste of money. I was happy just to get a Mclaren stroller but apparently these are bad for babies to be in for long periods, and i heard its better for the baby to face the mum at first.

Sorry this is long, but any help would be really appreciated! Our budget is roughly £300, and were not bothered about brands.

Izzyx

This is the one I am getting hun and if you go on the mamas and papas website it has been reduced to £280. :D It looks really cosy and the baby can lay flat and face you and you can easily turn it round to be a foward facing stroller when baby is a bit bigger xx

Awarded Best Pushchair of the Year for the second year running.

1857488large8tl.jpg

A unique revolutionary new concept that combines the functionality of a traditional pram with the practicalities of a lightweight pushchair.

Versatile and comfortable, the Pliko Pramette is suitable from birth and grows with your child into their toddler years.

For added practicalities, it easily transforms into a travel system with the addition of the Primo Viaggio SIP Infant Carrier and features the Surefix® one click system that fastens the Primo Viaggio SIP Infant Carrier right first time, every time.

Baby stays safe and comfortable, thanks to the four-position backrest with single hand recline, three-position leg rest, adjustable five-point safety harness, and luxury padded 'Completo' Apron that can be zipped securely to the leg rest to form a warm and cosy footmuff.

The protective and easy to clean 'gate style' opening bumper bar makes it easier to place your older child in and out.

The lightweight corrosion resistant, high grade aluminium frame; independent all-wheel suspension, easy to use spring loaded umbrella folding for easy closing and opening, and practical carry handle provide more easy manoeuvrability and transport.

Age guideline: Suitable from birth - 15kg. Weight: 10.6kg.

Here is the car seat so you can turn it into a travel system if you want,it has a base which makes it so much easier to get little one in and out of the car and it costs £130.

Have fun choosing xx :D

Sorry I don't have any advice on a travel system as I don't have one but I just wanted to say, if you do get one, don't buy it from 2 left feet as someone on here (minikins I think) is having really bad problems with them

thanks kim, we are going to avoid 2 left feet like theres no tomorrow!

and thanks nikki, just had a look at that one. It like the pushchair, car seat seems a bit pricey though. but its a definate option, along with the bebe confort loola which folds really flat!

Izzyx

deffo dont go for the Graco one its horrible lol i have it and its so heavy big n bulky i love the prammete

I have the graco one and I really like it but you neee one that suits you. I would go round all the shops and just test them all out, i.e. push them around, fold them up etc and see which one suits you as it is individual.

i have a graco vivo

i think its ideal for what i need and just the right size :D but i did test it out before i brought it

You already got your pram hev :D ,wow you are organised xx

Yeah you are right Izzy the car seat is a bit pricey i must admit,if you have any little baby shops near you and not the big stores they often do last seasons fabric design at great prices xx

Just found this on ebay,I might get this one it's such a bargain xx

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAMAS-PAPAS-PLIKO ... dZViewItem

hehe nikki

i couldnt help it!!!!

ive got all the clothes for 0-3 months
bottles
sterliser
bottle warmer
and a few other bits lol

was gonna buy the same one as youl, but same thing, when I actually saw it, I changed my mind! I have a back problem, so I needed something light!
We bought the graco mosaic travel system, form toysrus, but you can get it cheaper now from www.glasgowpramcentre.co.uk

it's been really nice so far, very light, and easy to maneouver (sp???), and it is a travel system, so comes with the car seat.

the good things about it is the light weight, the small space it takes when folded, and easy to fold, and the two handles, when I go shopping, I put my bags on there, whereas my friends who have bigger and nicer buggies, can't coz they don't have handles but a big barre to drive it!
the downside of it is it's shopping basket underneath the seat, not very big, but enough for me!

good thing also is it's price!!!! usually £159! it's not bad!
we got it cheaper from toysrus on the winter sale, for £139.
so if you can wait for the summer sales, you might find it cheaper! (sorry didn't notice if you had a ticker or not! :doh: )

choosing a buggy is not that easy, you need to know what's important for you...like for me, it was light weight, but comfy for baby! :wink:

Good luck
Mel xx

That is very impressive hun :D . I bought a baby carrier in the sale before I even fell pregnant :oops: . Well i guess I best go and do some shopping :D xx

lol i brought my bottles from boots cause they were on sale before i found out i was preg! :lol:

:lol: That's where I got my carrier from in the sale. I nearly bought a bath too but had to stop myself,they have such good bargains in the boots sale xx

Thanks very much everyone for all your advice :eek:)

I have looked at some other websites now, but as you say beanie, i think we'll definateley have to go to the shops and have another go with some before we choose!

Then it looks like ebay is the cheapest place to buy, so i'll probably get our chosen one from there!:D

Izzyx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back