the hit and run girl

weestar21

Reaction score
ok this is more for a guy opinion as my OH stated that if he was to stop and help a young girl he would prob be accused of all sorts as they would prob be frightend and wouldnt want anyone near them except their parents (because of pure fear)

He said if he saw something like this he would automaticlly call for an ambulance or police or chap someones door and get a female to attend with him just so that hes not accused of anything. He is a firstade person and teaches it on a sunday to young kids.

What would you do in this situation if you had to come across it and what do u thing your OH, DH would do?

is my OH right in saying this or do u think hes being a bit too paranoide?

Is this referring to a post I have maybe missed? :oops:

It's about the girl who has appeared on the news in the last couple of days. She was hit by a car and her leg broken in 2 places. The car drove off and a further 6 cars drove past her before anyone even stopped to help. A 21year old man has since been arrested and released on bail.

If I saw the girl laying on the side of the road I would stop and so would my OH. If she had broken her leg in 2 places the young girl would have been crying in pain, and to stop and help her would seem obvious. My OH wouldn't worry about being accused of anything false, as it would be clear he was trying to help and I am sure the young girl would not accuse him of anything. She would know it wasn't his car who hit her and that he was there to help her.

I feel so sorry for this poor girl, she must have been so frightened and feeling so alone :( Thank god for the person who did eventually stop for her.

i would deffo stop to help her,
it so silly that men feel they cant stop to help a girl like this incase they get done

i guess my OH is just overreacting then

Just glad that someone did help her but it will prob take her along time to get over such a terrifying thing

It wouldn't cross my mind what other people might think - if I could clearly see that a young girl had been mowed down and was in the middle of the road and in pain I would help and so would my OH.

i would stop and so would my other half without a second thought.

but tbh in this day and age i can see why men would say they wouldnt there are so many false accusations that are made, why would they want to risk it?

i remember last year it was either the day i had beth or the day after in a town close by a young girl i think she may have been 6 or 7. Was at home while her mum was in the bath and her mum had left the back door open. She then told her mum that she had been raped and attacked by a man who had come thorugh the back door :shock: the whole town was shut off and nobody could get to or from it police guarded everywhere and questioned everyone. It turned out the little girl had made it up :? Nothing happened to her at all there was no man and nobody came into the house :?

false accusations are so common nowadays i wouldnt blame any man for not stopping.

bubble_dreamer said:
i would stop and so would my other half without a second thought.

but tbh in this day and age i can see why men would say they wouldnt there are so many false accusations that are made, why would they want to risk it?

i remember last year it was either the day i had beth or the day after in a town close by a young girl i think she may have been 6 or 7. Was at home while her mum was in the bath and her mum had left the back door open. She then told her mum that she had been raped and attacked by a man who had come thorugh the back door :shock: the whole town was shut off and nobody could get to or from it police guarded everywhere and questioned everyone. It turned out the little girl had made it up :? Nothing happened to her at all there was no man and nobody came into the house :?

false accusations are so common nowadays i wouldnt blame any man for not stopping.

im so glad u put that there as i was starting to think my OH was just being akward :? but now after reading that i totaly understand where he is comming from now

no i dont think he is at all!

tbh (feels rather weird saying this :lol: ) but if i was a man i wouldnt stop :|

don't think OH would stop there on his own, he would probably knock on a door and get a lady neighbour to do the close stuff i.e sit with her etc and he would probably ring an ambulance.

I understand why men are jubious about stopping, there are so many accusations happening at the moment as girl are too aware these days, at 6-7 i wouldn't even understand stuff like rape etc- they are far to knowledgable at the moment.

I understand they need to know about it especially with incidents happening today but i was told the simples......

"If a man or woman touches you in private places or uses rude words to you, you must tell someone!"

That was it!!

I totally understand male passers by not stopping, maybe the drivers were just being rude

I understand why men are paranoid. My DH is a social worker with troubled teenagers and I worry that a girl could get moody about him being strict and turn around and lie about him. I know in the UK there are guidelines for this sort of thing but not in Denmark at the mo'. Sometimes most of the kids go home to their parents for the weekend and Martin will only be looking after one or two kids by himself. I feel awful being so paranoid because he actually works with a lovely bunch of kids and loves his job but he's thinking about changing jobs to work with the homeless again eventually and I must admit I think I'd be happier.

i watched a film last night on true movies it was called 'just ask the children'
it was about 2 couples one of wich her mother would do anything to get custody of their 2 little girls and she told them that if she didnt tell police that her parents were taking them to hotels hanging them with hooks and touching them and making then do stuff to the parents and strangers that their parents would die. The other couple got involved by trying to help the parents of teh little girls and the grandmother got to the other couples little boys and tole them to say the same, they all ended up in prison for maxiumum of 240 years each. In the end the grandparents of the little boys got an x- police man to re open and investigate the case and the grandmother of the little girls who started it all got life in prison.

It just makes u think how cruel this world really is and how much they preassure kids and putting words in their mouths too so i guess sometimes when a child says something with all the questions like the kids in that film they just said what the police wanted them to hear so they would stop asking questions and holding them in a room for days going over and overthe same things.

I knoe their is people out their who do these awfull and disgusting things to kids i just dont understand how that couple on the news yesterday could even think about hurting a 12 week old baby!!! makes me really ill knowing their is people put their capable of doing such a horryfing thing.

That couple and were babysitting a 12 week old baby (not sure of the full details wether it was a boy or girl but im pretty sure it was a little girl)

ITS SICK AND THEY SHOULD BE GIVEN LIFE. EVEN BETTER PEOPLE WHO DO ACTUALLY DO THSI SICKENING STUFF SHOULD BE GIVIN THE DEATH PENALTY.

sorry it just gets me so upset and mad how that even crosses their minds

Last Updated: Thursday, 8 June 2006, 14:33 GMT 15:33 UK

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Baby rapist's sentence increased

Alan Webster and Tanya French pleaded guilty
A man who raped a 12-week-old baby has had his minimum jail term changed from six to eight years by appeal judges.
The five-year term originally imposed on Alan Webster's accomplice, Tanya French, will remain, the court said.

Webster, 40, was sentenced to life in January but was eligible to apply for parole after six years. French, 19, was jailed for five years.

Attorney General Lord Goldsmith QC said it was possible Webster, from Hertfordshire, would never be released.

Speaking on the Jeremy Vine Show on Radio Two, Lord Goldsmith said: "He has got a life sentence, he may never come out of prison.

"The most senior judge in the land actually said in the course of his judgement that such was his depravity that it's questionable that he will ever be released and he may die in prison."

Photographs of abuse

A panel of five senior judges at the Court of Appeal, headed by the Lord Chief Justice, Lord Phillips, ruled that Webster's six-year minimum term was too short.

But the panel ruled that having regard to French's youth and the fact she had been corrupted by Webster, her sentence fell within the range that was properly open to the sentencing judge "and should not be disturbed".

The two years added to Webster's minimum term is simply not enough

Baby's family
Webster and French, from Hatfield, raped and indecently assaulted the baby and took photographs of the abuse, their trial heard.

The baby's mother was unaware of the abuse until detectives visited her after finding photographs detailing the abuse at Webster's home.

The family said in a statement on Thursday that they were disappointed with the ruling.

"The two years added to Webster's minimum term is simply not enough. This man should never even be considered for release.

'Ludicrous' ruling

"We should have never had to fight for this review and it has only added to the trauma suffered by us all."

They added: "French was as guilty as Webster and it is frightening to think that this woman could be released in just 19 months' time and even if she serves the full term of her sentence, she'll be released in just over four years' time."

But the family added that they wanted to thank those who had helped bring the case to review, especially Lord Goldsmith.

Webster had been convicted of a "serious indecent assault" on a 14-year-old girl three years before he was sentenced for the baby rape offences.

this is the story from scotland today website click on england and it shows you their pictures aswell

weestar21 said:
A man who raped a 12-week-old baby has had his minimum jail term changed from six to eight years by appeal judges.
The five-year term originally imposed on Alan Webster's accomplice, Tanya French, will remain, the court said.

its still nowhere near enough for what they did :evil: its sick they dont deserve the right to live :evil: :evil: :evil:

i cried last night after hearing that i was holding Colby and just burst into tears thinking she is 11 weeks how could anyone hurt a baby that size i mean how could anyone hurt anyone never mind a baby their is no need for this at all. They should all be loked away and never released eitherthat or ship everyone of them on a deserted island where they can do what they like to each other its sick and someone seriously needs to look at they way they deal with these cases and extend the jail sentances or bring back the death penalty

Whilst I can understand what you are saying about your OH's being worried about potential allegations I really do doubt that if they saw a young girl in extreme pain on the side of the road, they would not approach her. I just think that as good people their first thought would be to help, and that they wouldn't have the time to stop and think about the possible ramifications of their actions.

In relation to the couple convicted of the rape of the baby, the man actually got life didn't he but his minimum sentence was increased to 8 years. I don't belive in the death penalty but I do think that he should not be released ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back