The end...?*Updated 22/7*

:hug: :hug: :hug: hope she hasnt quite had enough yet and its just a phase, i would feel sad too.

Its the strangest thing being a mum and obviously wanting to raise healthy, independent kids but also wanting to keep them little and yours, I wasnt prepared for that at all and Eva is still only tiny but already so different from 4 months ago. Just concentrate on what a fab start you have given her and your relationship with her I am sure that closeness will stay between you even if its not a physical thing. Well done for managing a whole year!! :cheer: :cheer: :hug:

Awww :hug: :hug:

I think expressing is a really good idea.....that way you won't be guilt tripping yourself or anything silly :hug: :hug: and she still may come back to it. Try not to stress yourself out too much- you have reached a year, a couple of days here abnd there isn't going to make much difference :D I know it does to you though.but still.

And I have said before, if she is self weaning, at least you know that she stopped it herself, not because she was forced to. It was entirely her choice and is no reflection on you.

Also, another thing- it'll be interesting to see if she takes the EBM from the sippy cup-just an idea, but if she doesn't, could it possibly be something you've been eating recently, changing the taste or smell of the milk? Might be a long shot but worth having a think.

Don't be angry at yourself :hug: you've done such a brilliant thing which few people manage to achieve...don't belittle it in any way :hug: :hug:

Hi Valentine,

I exclusively breastfed Ash for 6 months and then had to start introducing a bottle because of going back to work. I still did morning and evening breastfeeds for the next 3 months, then we swapped to just 2 breastfeed in the morning.

However, I don't think this was regualr enough for my body to maintain my supply and Ash started to cry and pull away. I made the decision to express morning and evening and freeze the milk. I only get about 1 oz, 1.5 if I@m lucky every 12 hours from both breasts, but that's enough for him to have 3 bottles of breastmilk per week. Like you, it's my compromise to enable him to have breastmilk for as long as possible. It's a pain having to express twice a day but I'm determined to do it for him.

Occasionally in the night I can get him to latch on and feed for a little while, so we still get our breastfeeds now and again,

So don't worry, it's not the end, it's just a new chapter. You've done amazingly well you should be very proud of yourself.

Keep expressing and storing your milk to keep your supply up, and I'm sure you'll be able to give her breastmilk for a long time to come, and you might also get some sneaky feeds now and again!

K.xxx

I don't think you are crackers at all and nor do I think you should be angry at yourself. You have done something amazing. Your little girl has been given the best start ever and it is all down to you - whether you felt it was a chore or not. Everything we do on a daily basis somehow becomes a bit of a chore but it's not something you should be beating yourself up about. I'm sure if she knew how her Mummy felt that she will give you a few more feeds so you could enjoy those last few together and get some pics.

I kind of understand your disappointment though at not getting to a full year. I have a massive worry that Luke will need to be weaned before 6 months and I think that if he does it will make me miserable too because I set myself the goal of absolutely, exclusively breastfeeding til then.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I just read this thread Valentine and wanted to send you these :hug: :hug: :hug: I really hope you are ok today and that E surprises you with a few more feeds. My friend has a little girl who is the same age as yours and she said that her daughter bit her a couple of times really hard and after that didn't want to feed from her for a while. She still does the odd time but not regularly like before. She said it was difficult because she had 'planned' in her mind that she was going to feed for a year and then the little thing wrecked that plan! :) I hope things settle down for you this week because it must be stressful when you are back at work too. :hug:

I felt devestated when I stopped bfing Tia... absolutely broke my heart Valentine... I just want to give you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: because I know how hard it is... If people think starting bfing is hard, then it makes stopping it after such a long time almost impossible... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: You've done so well :clap: :clap: :clap:

Awww valentine! :(

This has made me so sad. I really do hope it is just a strike as i know how you feel about getting to 1 year :hug: :hug:

Even if Ella has self weaned you have given her the very best that you could and it will be her choice to stop. You should be proud of her for making that choice :hug:

I will miss breastfeeding so much when Lola decides she is finished. I have no idea how i am going to replace that special time we have together :cry:

Has she had any milk sort of milk in the last 48 hours? Did she take the expressed milk?

Sending my love :hug: :hug: :hug:

This thread reminds us all (who are bf:ing) that we should enjoy it while it lasts. Like today I was running late as I 'had to' feed LO first and I felt like rushing her. Now I feel bad about it.

Also, I have started reading etc. while feeding her and at times I feel guilty as I notice that she has been looking into my eyes and smiling.

Stay positive Valentine and thank you for sharing your experience. I think the compromise sounds good - hope she accepts breast milk from the cup :pray:

Awww Valentine :hug: :hug: :hug:

Others have said my thoughts already so I don't have much to add. I think your idea to express off and give her your milk is good. I think it'll be lovely she will make it to a year on breastmilk, even if you are expressing these feeds.

I'll keep an eye out for updates here.

Awww, well done to you and although I have said it before, I will say it again....... you should be proud! Now go enjoy yourself before you TTC No 2 and start BFing all over again :D

Well done :clap: :clap: :clap: you have done so brilliantly...now it's time to think of yourself for a change! And like Debbie says, your B days are far from over! Take this as a welcome break :hug: :hug: and congratulations because you HAVE made it to a year :cheer:

Well done you for BF'ing sooo long! You are a wonderful mummy and have given your little girl the absolute best start in life she could ask for.
I am glad you are coming to terms with it; it must be very difficult.
Lots of love to you honey, you're a star! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Oh, Valentine! I just saw this! The only thing - loads of cuddles! :hug: :hug: :hug: You have been an inspiration to all of us! You are amazing! WELL DONE!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Oh I'm so sorry you feel sad about it, you made it to a year, I would never see it any other way, and anyway a year is only a number really, you have done amazingly well and your breastfeeding experience and advice has helped many many ladies on here breastfeed their LO's too, so it's had a knock on effect for many other babies :)
Make sure you give yourself a pat on the back, you always take the time to make sure other people do on here...you have really achieved something, be proud of yourself!

Aw hun, i wish i could have gotten as far as you did i do. But just remember you fed her by boobies until the day she felt she didnt want it anymore, thats a MASSIVE achievement for anyone and its something to be so proud of. You have given her the greatest start to life you could have and that makes you a pretty ace mummy in my opinion. Dont feel down about it, embrace the fact you made it this far :hug: your a credit to your little girl

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back