• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The BIG Shop....

I use to work a week of nights at a time and opening on a monday morning was always a great time, shelves freshly stocked and aisles nearly empty so no been run over with ignorant old people who think they rule the supermarket :)

I'm thinking Wednesday and said to my hubby early what time will I go? :wall: It will be mad whatever time you go :mad:

Last year I went at 7 in the evening and like Lisa said it was a plague of locusts had descended :rofl: So I'm trying mid-morning :roll:

OMG............................

So yeah we went this morning....what a joke.

Alarm went at 5am and we crept about getting a quick cuppa and a wash etc. OH warmed the car up and I left the monitor in Emily's room so she'd hear Heebs. The pooches went back to sleep on Em's bed and all was going well.

Left the house at 5.40 and drove past the big Tesco at the end of the main road we live just off - like a mile away. I said to OH shall we just got there but we decided to carry on, in the snow to the Tesco Extra another 25mins away..... Got there and we were the only people in! :yay: The excitment was short lived. I asked the staff where calenders are and the bloke just pointed 'down there by the stationary...' I went - not there...asked someone else eventually found them somewhere else....:doh:

We set off round and it was a disgrace. You know when you used to go in places like Netto years ago and the floors were manky and covered in packaging....it was just like that - not even Lidl and Aldi are like that these days. :( We were tripping over crap on the floor and all the stuff on the shelves said 'display until 21/12' or worse some stuff was actually out of date on the shelves. No choice. No double cream, no red grapes, no nice ham joints....it's Christmas FFS!!!

So we half heartedly started then OH just said 'fook this - lets go back to the one by us'. I wanted to cry BUT it was the right thing to do. I told the manager why we were abandoning the shopping and they didnt give a toss.

We got back to the local one at 7am....the place was spotless and even though they were still stocking some fresh stuff the dates were well past Christmas Day and where they were shelf stacking they were putting the packaging in the cage thingys they bring it out in - what a difference. I saw a manager when we were up and down and I told him. I'm going to email Tescos too. So we got our free shop and then we went to Sainsbugs to spend our Nectar points. It's a ting store but again it was lovely, clean and well stocked with good dates. I dont know what it says about the expectations of the people who shop at that Tesco's Extra but uuughh.....

don't blame you lisa! yuck!!
we're at mums, so i don't need a big shop as such, but as we always do it together (cooking the dinner) we do the big asda shop together.
so we're going early Wednesday morning, though she's been adding things onto the list for weeks so hopefully there isn't too much too get x

Oh no :( Glad you got everything in the finish :hug:

OH just went to Morribobs and ended up kicking off in there! :lol: They were being funny about a voucher they gave us when I bought some cupcakes that were stale.....he refused to move :rofl: They said they were gonna call the police!!! LMAO!! He said I'm sure they'll be up like a shot when the roads are covered in ice and the M62 is shut with an accident....needless to say they knocked the voucher off....it was £2.50 FFS :rofl:

He's just been to Aldo for a '3 bird roast' and my cleaning tackle so were are officially done! :yay:

:rofl: Right he was :lol:

I am so jealous that you're done :( Our road is awful, nothing I would even attempt to drive on :cry: was planning on going to town today to do some bits to make the big shop on wednesday easier; not going to happen now :( At the rate the weather is going we'll be lucky to get on wednesday or thursday :cry: I wanted to go round the toy shop too for a last minute peek and buy the kids something little, doubt if that will happen either plus I need batteries plus all the food :wall:

Last edited:
lmao @ Keith! don't blame him though, call the police ffs!! glad your done hon xx

mamafy - :hug: hopefully the roads will clear today and you can get out tomorrow, it's clearing here now so hoping it should where you are ho :hug:

Lets face it Lisa what could the police have done him for....shopping? :rofl:

:shock:
I am gobsmacked Tesco was like that and that they didn't give a shit, I haven't been for a few weeks but have not ever seen it like that.
I would definatley call head office.
I'm so glad I have made the decsicion to go to Asda, I vouchers for tesco but sod that for a game of soliders!

Someone on my FB said they live near that store and they were surprised. Maybe it was a one off :eh: I've phoned amd registered a complaint and also complimented my local store :) I'm gonna try Asda now I'm at home and have a not more time. When I do go to the big one up the road I'm always impressed. :thumbup:

well my ohs real mum offered to pay for our shopping but now shes um-ing and ah-ing over tackling morrisons with me. which im really annoyed at!

im going to literally drag her out 2moro to fo it, if that fails she can get me some cash out of the cash machine and ill do it myself!

I've made my list although it may need tweaking :eh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back