Tests after 2 miscarriages

Tryingtrying

Reaction score
Good afternoon ladies,

I'm a long time lurker but this is my first post.

I had 2 miscarriages, one in January and one in April, both were natural.
I had some tests done at hospital a week ago, and I have an appointment to go back to get the results in 8 weeks time.

I had 3 internal swabs, an examination, they booked me in for an ultrasound and they took 6 bottles of blood from me.

The thing is, I didn't ask what they were looking for with all the samples.
Does anyone know?

I had a voicemail yesterday saying that one of the swabs showed an anaerobic presence or something similar (I deleted the vm by mistake), so he said he'd get my GP to prescribe antibiotics.

As it was a voicemail, I didn't get a chance to ask anything.. is this a potential cause of the miscarriages? Or would it have been as a result of the miscarriages?

Obviously I just need to wait until I see the gynaecologist again in 8 weeks, but I thought someone here might have been through something similar and be able to shed light.

Sorry I can't answer your questions but I didn't want to read and run. Sorry for your losses. Maybe give your GP a call and see if they could give you some answers? My guess would be that the anaerobic presence may be a cause, but your gp should have some notes in theory x

Last edited:
I am sorry for your loss. Unfortunately there are too many reasons why mc might happen, particularly during the 1st trimester. It might be genetic issues, poor sperm quality and many others. If you want to find out if genetics is the matter, then a doc might recommend doing karyotyping. In case a lady can't conceive cos of chromosomal aneuploidy, a doc might advise to combine treatments with pgs ngs. Good luck with ttc-ing xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back