• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Telling people

scones

Reaction score
We told our parents at the weekend and they were both ecstatic! They have both offered to buy our pram/travel system as well, which is so sweet, so one set of parents is going to get that (my choce of course lol) and the other set will pay for cot/bouncy chair and other stuff. Im going to pluck up the courage to tell my boss this week as I have my midwife appointment nxt tues and Im a terrible liar and it would be obvious why i needed an hour at the docs lol

When did you all tell people?

We told everyone not long after finding out cause I hated keeping things and felt like I was lying to people :lol:

With my 1st I only told close family & my best friend until scan, but this time round OH has blabbed to every bloody one :roll: :lol:

Told immediate family (parents) and 2 close friends straight away, and then everyone else after the 12 week scan........

I was far too cautious to tell everyone before just in case of problems.

We have told my parents so far, my boss (my job involves lugging around catalogues!) and a couple of close friends.

Am not going to tell anyone else until nearer the scan because im just so nervous something is going to go wrong!

We told parents straight away and everyone else about a week after first finding out but they would have guessed something was up anyway as it was impossible to hide the constant sickness!

we wern't going to tell people but when i told my friend (i needed her to see the + on the test to make sure i wasn't imagining it) she said she thought i should tell people just incase so i have the support of them if things go wring and i have the happyness of sharing it with them when all is alright :D so i decided to tell people and enjoy the experiance of being pregnant :D i found last time i had a good support network so i can see whay she said what she said

Me and OH told our parents first and a couple of very close friends, told my boss at 12 weeks and then everyone seemed to find out!

With all our pregnancies I've told our my mum & dad the same day that we found out and OH's family shortly after. First time around we told friends quite quickly and work too because I was doing a lot of travelling abroad at the time.

This time, because of our miscarriage we were a lot more cautious and told parents and one or two close friends but told them all to keep it quiet.

Work I didn't tell till I was 13 weeks after I knew all was ok.

well its out! Ive told the boss and friends etc today and they are all overjoyed! I feel better now lol

We both told our parents and our best friend about 4 days after finding out. Had to tell my boss due to early appointments etc but am doing my best to wait to let it out the bag till my dating scan on oct 21st. Only just over 3 weeks to wait so I am TRYING to keep it quiet xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back