• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Telling everyone?!

handbagqueen

Reaction score
Hi guys,
sorry need more advice! I've told my friends and family and a few people at work and I've also put a ticker on facebook so its all pretty open but someone just said to me- 'oh its still early, don't tell everyone' and its freaked me out! I was doing so well, waiting for 12 weeks to tell even family and then after scan to tell friends and work and now I feel like I shouldn't have! Was I wrong to do this- should I have waited even more?

I think it's fine to tell people whenever you want! The 12 week thing is due to the risk of miscarriage which decreases greatly after 12 weeks so you are out of the risky time so I wouldn't worry.

I told a few people when i first found out - I was maybe 4-5 weeks gone! I told my mum and close family then as i was in shock and their support was invaluable to me!

It's good for people to know because they can understand if you are feeling off, if you get tired, hormonal or anything like that! It's also good to get support.

At the end of the day it's personal choice but i'd say there was no problem telling people now! xxxx :hug:

I think any time after 12 weeks is completley fine, 14 weeks is certainly not too early IMO.

All my family knew by about 15/ 16 weeks but that's only because I live a long way from them so waited until I saw them. There's still some aquantances in Walers who don't know and they will have a massive shock when I next see them as I'll be the size of a house!!!!! :rotfl:

Alex xxx

Hmmm was it one of your "friends" again?!

Argh they annoy me and I don't even know them! Babe, chances are everything will be perfect now... I told everyone straight away because if anything had of happened, I would have needed their understanding and emotional support.

Hope those buggers leave you alone with the bitchy comments!! xx

I told my family at about 8 weeks and then told people at work at 12 weeks after my scan and I thought I was leaving it late. 14 weeks seems fine to me hun. Don't think there is a right or wrong time but your chance of m/c is lower after 12 weeks which is why a lot of people choose to wait.

I waited till my 12week scan also, but i happened to be 13 weeks. i only waited because i wanted to tell them with my cute little scan photo.
i dont think that was too soon, ignore your friends, everybody is different!!!

Thanks guys, just felt like I'd jinxed it cos more people know now. I'm huge anyway so people are going to guess and gossip even more. I hate this worrying about everything! I just want to enjoy being pregnant.

I told my family and my friends mostly straight away!

I didnt know how my friends would react so i made a joke out of it at first...
then they kind of guessed that i wasnt messing

All took it well anyway so it didnt really matter.

I only found out after 3 months gone that i was pregnant anyway
my 1st scan, i was 17 weeks + 3 days :doh:

I told my family straight away just after i peed on the stick :rotfl:

i didnt tell anyone except my oh until after my 12 wk scan

my mum and dad lost my brothers twin and my sister died full term so its a very sore subject in my family, i didnt want them to have to go through it again if anything happened with our baby so glad i left it a while to tell them

handbagqueen said:
Thanks guys, just felt like I'd jinxed it cos more people know now. I'm huge anyway so people are going to guess and gossip even more. I hate this worrying about everything! I just want to enjoy being pregnant.

You're so lovely and so caring about what people think which is such a lovely quality... Sometimes though hun, you've got to think of number 1! (joint number one with you and baby!!)

xxx

There are loads of things that others state as something you should or shouldn't do and it's all rubbish. You announce when you like. We officially announced at 11 weeks but there weren't that many people left who didn't know :rotfl: I'd been telling friends that I thought I was pregnant before a preganancy test could confirm anything. At the end of the day, if I'd had a miscarage I would have told people so there was no point keeping it a big secret.

No way is 14 weeks too early to tell people!

I waited until after my first scan just to make sure everything was as it should be, but the risk of miscarriage is so much lower after 12 weeks it makes no sense to keep quiet after that.

Maybe the person that says it's too early has had a loss?

At 14 weeks, chances are evrything will be fine, especially if you've had a scan showing everything ok :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back