• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Teething?

prickleyfairy

Reaction score
At what age do babies generally start teething? At the moment Mia will not stop putting her hands in her mouth, she even shoves her fist in there...she's dribbling everywhere and has a red rash all round her mouth...do you think she could be teething or does it sound like shes experimenting with her hands??

Amy xx

I know with mine they both cut thier first tooth at 6 months but they were teething i'd say from around 3-4 months.

yer she could be... ellis is chewing his hand for the last 2 weeks and dribbling slightly but i dont think he is teething as no rash/ red cheeks... dont they also pull on there ears and have white dots on there gum where the teeth are coming?

good luck hun hope she isnt too bad with it xxxxx

i was gonna post on this..i'm so confused..hayden has a white dot on his gums on the top left hand sude, hes all dribbley and chews on everything even his bottle... hes grumpy and irritable during feeds..now i know hes not teething as hes too young and the first teeth are the two bottom teeth usually..i dont know what it is...?

sorry Amy hijacked ya post, as far as i know its usually around 6 months and you see the outline of the teeth to come through or a bulge and a red erosion of the gum..this is from my birth to 5 book btw...

It does sound like she's teething Amy, it can take ages for them to come through.

Fran, Jamie had a white dot on his gum a little while ago, my doctor told me its just a cysty type thing babies get when they are teething and is perfectly normal & nothing to worry about, it was thre for a couple of weeks & now has gone.

Hi

Sounds like she is teething Kiara started at 2 months and didnt get her first one till she was 6 months so it took her four months to finally get one .
Fran sounds like he is teething hun its not too early and theres no one way that the teeth comein some get bottom others get top first.
Katrinaxx

thanks girls i'm gonna go to the hv 2mo because he was sleeping really well and tonight hes grumpy wont stop crying..chewing his hands (hes not hungry) spitting out his dummy and i'm still trying to get him down now when his bedtimes at 9..hes had a bath, clean nappy, fed, winded etc its not colic as i know what hes like with it (pulling legs up etc)

sooo i dont know what is wrong with him :(

sophie was teething by 8 weeks i thought i was being silly when i mentioned it to HV but she reckons some babies can teeth as soon as they are born, infact she said she has known babies be born with teeth :shock: How werid wld that be

Hi

Sophie can you imagine pushing a baby out and it having a big toothy grin :rotfl: scary
Katrina

Thanx for the replies........It sounds like she's teething then, do you think it's painfull for her......sometimes she gets so frustrated chewing on her hands, but she cant yet hold anything-although it wont be long!

Fran, hope Hayden is ok?

Thanks Amy xx

thanks amy, he's fine hv says he is teething..she said their teeth grow under the gums in spats so they can teeth at anytime but usually cut their first teeth around six months, she said to put his dummy in the fridge because hes too young to hold teething rings aswell., also let him suck/chew on a clean finger it might be relieving! he seems ok now..happy with his dummy!

hope Mia is ok aswell! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back