**Teething Thread**

xrachx

Reaction score
i am having probs trying to find tips and teething talk so i thought we could put it all in here so its easier for everyone to get to it quick when they need a little advice or support.
we are having a right time of it here, i am using Nurofen and the teething powders, it seems to be working ok but he is still in quite a bit of pain, he cant have calpol (it makes him retch and takes his breath, i dont know why!) so i was just wondering what everyone else is using?

I tried nurofen too, calpol and teething powders, plus teething necklace but she still woke up every hour through the night, and cries in her sleep when she does manage to get off to sleep. As soon as the bottom two came through she settled down for about 3 days but then started again. Think it might be the top middle two, but the bottom corner ones seem to be swollen.
:(

She doesn't really use the teething toys etc but one thing she does like it this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mam-Gum-Massage ... B000H6PJPI and chewing her toothbrush :)

To be honest, I give Maddison things like toast or Organix corn snacks as these are a bit rough and she rubs them off her gums. Other than that I use Ashton & Parsons powders (I think thats what they are called :think: ) :hug: :hug:

Harriet is starting to teeth too i think, shes starting to dribble so much and chews on her hand really frantically.

Ive given her an amber necklace and she seems pretty happy within her self and not trying to eat her hand now. Just made her a little bib to catch the drool :rotfl:

thems the powders i am using, its a right pain getting the powder on the tongue! bless him he just opens his mouth now, he must want some relief for himself i think!, we are using a round teether i am keeping in the fridge (the water filled ones) and that seems to be ok but i just wish he would perk up abit, has anyone elses lo got teething rash too? glenn has a few spots and he has a couple of rashes on his body too, i know they do get rashes but they look awful dont they.

Maddison gets wee rash on her cheeks but havent noticed anything anywhere else. She doesnt seem to like the rings you put in fridge. I just give her some cold things to eat like bits of ham or a fromage frais :D

Imogen has her teething necklace on during the day and its defintely helping, had to use calpol a couple of days ago but she was feeling very sprry for herself, recommend teething necklaces.

I think that our second tooth is on its way! Danica is very, very irritable and crying lots. Don't even get me started on (non)sleeping!
Anyway, I give her nurofen - she really doesn't like calpol since it made her sick almost every time. We also tried teething poweder but they didn't seem to make any difference... :wall: I aslo give her Organix corn rings - she really likes them. Other than that, cardboard helps sometimes (weird, I know), her tootthbrush, a piece of pepper...My fingers don't do the trick any more - she won't even let me feel the tooth!

has anyone tried New Era herbal tablets from Holland and Barratt? My mum swore by them for me and my sister. I've just bought a box today for Evie cos we've had a bad few days...runny nappy, red bum, red cheeks and loads of dribble and tears!

At what age does teething start? Or does it vary?

I'm wondering if Jacob is starting early! This last week his cheeks have been very red and he's starting to dribble!

Well the rash i spoke about a bit further up is a virus! i had to take him to the doctors at tea time, i was undressing him getting him ready for bed and... :shock: he was absolutely covered in an angry blotchy red rash, all over his body, poor little thing he is really going through it, the doc said to keep him away from babies his age for 5 days, we were going to mini-rhyme time tomorrow and baby yoga on wednesday, not now hey!

We are having fun with teething (again?!) I thought that the second one was on its way but it seems that the third is close by :wall:
Lots of screaming and crying last night...
Did anybody else noticed that nurofen's effect lasts for only a couple of hours? Or it is just my crazy baby needing stronger drugs?! :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back