Tea Tree Oil - Worry

Countrybumpkin

Reaction score
Can anyone help, i have horrid toe nails which last time i treated with tea tree oil. Anyhow it had appeared again, so i have been using tea tree oil to treat them again. Without much thought as it is natural, and suddenly it accured to me, that maybe i shouldn't be using it whilst pregnant.

I have googled, which has made things worse, complete mixed feels, and i am now worried what damage i could have done or be causing. Please can someone help or advise????

Very worried

I used tea tree oil in an oil burner and put a few drops in the tumble dryer (Yes, I'm weird I know) and then I found out the same thing. I never applied it directly to my skin, but I worried too. But everything was fine. Everytine I read that I've done something I shouldn't I would panic and tell the MW and she was never very concerned, just said "oh well, don't do it again".
Sure you'll be fine, just ask at your next appt xx

I used Olbas oil in my bath the other day to try and clear my blocked nose / chest :bath: - it didn't even cross my mind to check if it was ok! I'm not going to google it though, expect I'd scare myself too... I just won't do it again!

So many things to think about now isn't there?!? :oooo:

I think there are some oils you should avoid later on in pregnancy cos they're known to bring on labour or something, but I doubt anything is that bad this early on, especially not on the skin.
I know you're allowed sandalwood cos I'm loving the smell of it at the mo so looked it up! lol

The only pregnancy oil we use at the spa I work at is rosewood but I've still been using tea tree but in small doeses! It's very annoying that you can hardly use anything but I'm sure small amounts are fine

Good to know, I wouldn't have thought :oooo:

Ive been using tea tree oil on my face as ive got acne since being pregnant - oh dear i didnt realise you shouldnt!!! x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back