Tea Tree oil(not sure where to post)

kazzybaby

Reaction score
Hello. i was just wondering if anybody could help, i seem to be getting very bad acne at the moment, even on my shoulders, now that summers approching i feel very embarrested by it, so i was wondering if it is safe to use Tea Tree oil in pregnancy, or any other soulutions to this horrid acne. Thanks,............Ps didnt no where to post this as was looking for a general forum or health forum. :oops:

I think it is okie but I will have a look for you - I've not been told otherwise. I wouldn't use it just incase though

So far this is what I've found......

Some essential oils are safe while others are unsafe in pregnancy.

Chamomile, geranium, grapefruit, jasmine, lavender, mandarin, neroli, rose, sandalwood , tangerine and ylang ylang are recommended in pregnancy.

Basil, clary, sage, hyssop, juniper berry, marjoram, myrrh, pine, rosemary, sage, thyme and bay should not be used in pregnancy.

I also found out Tea Tree oil is good for clearing up thrush!!

I know I haven't really answered your question but it doesn't say anywhere you cannot use it. I presume it is safe?? But I wouls still check.

Sorry I didn't help much - more rambled on a bit!

Hi sami thanks for taking the time to look for me, i will ask the midwife when i get my appointment on the 22nd June, thanks again, just wondering if any others are suffering from poor skin (spots) ect through out pregnancy, Edd 18.01.06 :oops:

hey
ihave been suffering really bad from spots all over me since i got preg!!!
ts horrible so aswell as feelingfat i feel really ugly as well.

:lol: Hi Lisa, its not nice feeling down cos of spots and bad skin conditions is it! but hey hopefully it will only last for a short while, I hope, its got to be those dreaded hormones eh! i used to have bad skin before but was on the pill, that seemed to work for me, i suppose now it seems, twice as worse because i cannot take anything because of harming the baby, but its better to be careful for the babys sake, and the other thing is my age god at 43 and still getting acne, HELP......yes also feel a mess at the mo too......... sorry to moan, any advice would be greatfull , many thanks, hi to every one else out there, and hope you are all enoying your pregnancies,.............it goes sooooooooooo quick so please make the most of it, get some rest, cos you wont be able when that cute lil babba comes along lol. byex :lol:

hey
i wish i had some advice i could use it myself!!!
i don't know how you can say it goes quickly mine is dragging!!! its killing me
xxxxxxxx

:roll: Hi Lisa, sorry to hear your not having a good time with your pregnancy, and it seems to be going slow for you, the way i look at it is, its only 9 months of your life, our lives are hopefully for many years, so thats not a long time really is it?? My 1st pregnancy flew by, and i loved it, so im hoping this one will be the same. Is this your first pregnancy, i really hope you feel better soon,
best wishes, kaz

BIO-OIL!!!!!! its amazing on strecth marks and even works for spots and pimples and reduces appearance of scars and dark marks. i use it every where, it cleared my spots up within a few days... its a bit pricey but well worth it.

I use bio oil too, it's great isnt it!!

What is bio-oil - what's in it, what's it used for and can it be used at all stages of pregnancy?

bio-oil is basically rosemary and lavender oil.. with added special oils lol but it smells lush... i brought mine in lloyds pharmacy.. but bigger boots and superdrugs sell it or buy it cheaper online.

for more infor look at bio-oil website http://www.bio-oil.info/

hope this helps.... u can use all through pregnancy.. and i know many women that use it.. and continue to use it as a mosturiser after pregnancy as it does not leave ur skin greasy at all. i love using it my face before i got to bed... have no more dark cirlces in the morning how fantastic..

love elaine

Do you use it on your belly to stop stretch marks or does it just reduce the appearance afterwards? I use it on a scar.

it does both.... i used it before i got them... and now on the ones i got.. but they are soooo much paler then most peoples

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back