• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

tax credits

jemz24

Reaction score
just had mt renewed tax credits for the year and my payments have gone from 120 pond a week to 20 a week.
not happy at all. so looks like i have to go bk to work and give up any free time i have over the weekends.

how was everyone elses reviews?

I rang about mine today but I need to ring back with the P60 details

mine stayed the same
hope it is wrong hun that is a lot of money to loose

I'd quiz them if I were you and check they've got your income right, because this renewal they said (very patronisingly) to my OH 'I see your wee wife has got herself a little job' when I hadn't- gits!

i haven't had mine back yet, although they're still paying the money in :think:

well i lose the first year paymnet coz my daughter has turned 2.

plus they reckon i owe then 2 grand when i dont see how that is coz i give the right details.

Appeal I did and they said they had got it wrong. They wanted 3 grand back :wall:

geeez i would question that its a big drop

i called them as soon as the renewlyformcame through the post. its much easier to do it over the pjone, my details had all been upodated the month before anyway as i had to call them to say i was no longer on mat leave and back at work

i am paying back money i was over paid, as i under estimated my earnings so it was my fault. but they are only taking about £8 a week from me.
i find them lovely and helpful so try giving them a call :hug:

I find them helpful when i call, my review has just been sorted but its gone up cos i added bailey to the claim.. i owe them 73p :rotfl: from last year they said :rotfl:

mine has stayed the same - I only ever got £72.something a month and I called and told them everything was the same and it hasnt changed

well i phoned them and they told me it was 69 pound il be gettin. so its a 25 pound drop and thats because my OH is working more, his overtime isnt classed as overtime ><

I know my tax credits dropped from £225 a month to £40 so i now need 2 go work full time as i cant afford not 2 :(:(

luv lou n keryn xxx

Its rubbish how they work tax credits

Its worked out on your wages a year behind. I am an accountant so do many clients forms and many end up paying money back

:evil:

Definitely challenge it!

They told my sister she owed them £4,000 because they'd misread her declaration of this year's income as applying to the previous year when she had, in fact, been earning far less. Mercifully for her, she worked for a solicitor, who told them what for, so it got sorted really quickly. But it seems to me that they make vast amounts of mistakes whether in people's favour or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back