Tax credits with 3 children

kirlykird

Reaction score
Hi!

Was wondering if you mummys of 3 may be able to help me here.

I know that the basic tax credit I get is £545 per year for 2 children but I wondered if this increases with 3?

Also do we get money off childcare or does this depend on partners income too?

Thank you :D

sorry hun i have three but we dont earn that much so we are paid more. but i think that that amount is the same for a single child isnt it, so maybe it will be the same throughout.

sorry

the amount you recieve for a child is higher while they are under 12 months of age

you get more for every child you have, not the same for 1 or 3, but if your child is under 12mths you get more

Hiya

You are potentially entitled to more in Tax Credits with a 3rd child, but it depends on which income bracket you fall into and how much you are actually paying in Childcare costs. Potentially you can recieve up to £300 towards the cost of childcare each month with more than 2 children, again this is dependant on your houshold income.
You will definitely recieve more for the first 12 months after your 3rd child is born due to the Under one year element.

Its also worth knowing that if the company that either you or your OH work for and the Childcare provider both support the Leapfrog scheme, you can get vouchers which make the amount you pay in childcare exempt from Tax and NI contributions, saving a maximum of £1196 per year.

http://www.leapfrogdaynurseries.co.uk/c ... uchers.php

Hope this helps a little

oops i was sure that my sil received the £549 and she only has one child.

sorry if my information was wrong. :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back