TAX CREDITS...interesting

Lauz_1601

Reaction score
Im thinking about leaving work, im sick of it my boss keeps messing me around, gives me loads of shifts one week and hardly any the next. Today she called me and asked why I didnt turn up for work! I was meant to be in tommorow but she is always changing the rota and expects us to know!!!!!!

Anyway I just rang up tax credits and they gave me an estimation of what we could recieve if I wasnt working, basically I'd get £34 working tax and £54 child tax credits. Its only an estimation, but this is roughly what I earn each week at work.

I dont want to sound like a scrounger but I am going to leave work and spend time with Ella for a while, be a SAHM for a bit and keep my eye out for the right job becuase I cant find anything at the minute.

I feel a bit wierd about leaving work, but if I dont do it then Ill end up staying there and be under the thumb by her, she tells us lies all the time messes us about then is all nicey nice to our faces! :evil: :evil:

Any ideas what I should say in my resignation, Im no good at stuff like this

Good on you hun. It's nice to see something working out for someone with the benefits system.

As for the resignation - you could tell her the truth????! Unless you want a reference!! :rotfl:

haha yeh I could tell her she is a total cow but iv worked there for over 4 years, so I think I should keep it pleasant for future reference. Think Ill say Im taking some time out to spend with Ella and spending some time looking for the right job as Im ready to move onto something new. :D

can you get working tax credits if your not working?

you can if its a joint claim and you OH works. The estimate she gave me was based on what OH earns.
you have to be earning less than £15,000 to claim working tax. with us both working we earn more than that so are not entitled to it. But if I finished work, we would be earning less than £15,00 so therefore entitled to working tax aswell as family tax.

With your resignation i would say avoid giving direct reasons, but would say that you want to spend time with your daughter etc.

That way you haven't burnt any bridges!!!

xox

I dont know what Ill do with my self if Im not working. I dont work much but it will be strange!!!!!!! I will miss all the regulars aswell I work in a pub I know it sounds really sad lol but we have a laugh, its just a shame I have a witch as a boss.
I do still wanna work but want to wait for the right thing to turn up.

Its probably the best thing to do!!
I used to work in the feathers and they used to do the same with the shifts!!! :wall:

xox

thtas more than i get and ur oh is on twice what we earn!!! i dont get how they work these things out like

Thats why i don't work. It works out we are better off if i stay at home. makes no sence in know. We get £86 tax credits a week!

I don't work and we get approx £12 a week tax credits :lol: - the same as someone who's on £50k :shock: :talkhand:

kellie80 said:
Thats why i don't work. It works out we are better off if i stay at home. makes no sence in know. We get £86 tax credits a week!

same here, i was going to go out to work coz jases job is funny hours, but it worked out that we would be worse off in the end after looking in to it.

so now i stay at home with Coby and jase does a bit of overtime to see us through.

at the of sep or oct (cant remember which one) he will know if he is going to be offerd a permanant job there, if he gets it his wage goes up alot!

praying he does :pray:

xx

i cudnt stay at home, id go demented lo!!! is gr8 2 get a bit of me time!

I would just go along with the lines of wanting to spend more time with Ella. Have you gone on the website to fill in the details? it will give you another idea if she right or not. Click here

thanks sami. It came up with a lower value. I divided the amount by 52 to work ot how much itwould be a weekand it came out at £60 a week. not sure if I did it right though. :roll:

have you thought of looking for a school job. i have just a school job. its great

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back